Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Fire in the Santa Cruz mountains

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire in the Santa Cruz mountains

The fire that began Wednesday night is only 5% contained so far. Firefighters have been coming in from all over the state.

We aren't in any danger where we live (right next to the Hwy 17 circle that is closer to Santa Cruz), but the town two towns over called Bonny Doon has been evacuated.

The billow of smoke is huge and can be seen from all over the county. This is the footage of the fire and where it's located:

Santa Cruz County fire grows to 4,170 acres

Please pray for the safety of the families and their livestock and their homes and especially for the safety of the firefighters.

Thanks.

Re: Fire in the Santa Cruz mountains

I saw this on the news tonight and wondered how close it was to you guys!! Glad you and your family are safe, and will send some positive karma to the firefighters and others affected!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

It's currently at the top of a long list of California wildfires. As of last night, it was 15% contained.
      Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
      2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
      2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
      sigpic

Comment

Glad you guys are OK PB!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

The wind must have shifted because our town is now covered with a layer of smoke.

Initially the news said that the fire would be 100% contained by today, but it has gotten bigger.

I sure hope the wind doesn't pick up this afternoon for everyone's sake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X