Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Lose 56 for the 56th" Support Thread!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Lose 56 for the 56th" Support Thread!

Actually, I need to lose well over 55 pounds to get down to my ideal weight.

But I remembered a similar thread for the Disneyland 50th anniversary a few years back, and it seemed to help some folks.

So, at nearly 400 pounds, and being sick and tired of being sick and tired, I am setting a goal of losing at least 55 pounds (and hopefully more) in time for Disneyland's 55th birthday, next July.

I mean for this to be a support thread for anybody looking to lose weight, any amount for whatever reason.

All I know is that my weight, and the psychological stuff behind it, really restricts my present enjoyment of the park. For example, because of my bulk and the fears underlying it, I won't go on Space Mountain. How I used to love that! I want to love it again!

I am soon going to be trying out Nutrisystem's diabetic diet plan. I am back attending 12-step meetings. yes, I am willing to share that much of myself with you, to make this work. This is a thread for ideas, good recipes, exercise regimens, whatever!

And I'd love for as many of us as possible to be there at the park for a special meet next July!

This is open to men and women...whether you have 10 to 200 pounds or more to lose...any amount actually. Let's get to losin'! And we'll be seeing a lot less of each other, next July!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

re: The "Lose 55 for the 55th" Support Thread! - Resolved

Great thread concept! I've recently dropped close to 15 myself, and would like to add 5 more. To the OP: You obviously have a larger challenge ahead, but I've heard that the more you have to lose, the quicker you can see it come off with the right lifestyle changes. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
      Great thread concept! I've recently dropped close to 15 myself, and would like to add 5 more. To the OP: You obviously have a larger challenge ahead, but I've heard that the more you have to lose, the quicker you can see it come off with the right lifestyle changes. Good luck!
      Thank you! At my age (53), and with my recent medical history, this means more than just a fun day at Disneyland. My life, my marriage, it's all at stake really. But the Disneyland anniversary gives me something to shoot for.

This thread may look like my blog at times...I'll keep posting my progress, with pics and all. Geeze -

But again I encourage everyone else here to join our effort. Woudn't it be nice to announce some big total weight loss number, at our special meet next July? (And even if you can't make it to DL then, you'd still be partof us!)
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Since starting at the hospital I've gained weight, then add to the fact that working nights I eat really bad (I get this weird craving at 3am for grease. Like bacon and fries). Let me weigh myself and figure out how much... How do I crave the weird cravings when my Circadian clock is soooo off? And now that I think about those cravings and the time... those are my drunk foods. Maybe my drunk foods are actually my "up at midnight food."

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
          Since starting at the hospital I've gained weight, then add to the fact that working nights I eat really bad (I get this weird craving at 3am for grease. Like bacon and fries). Let me weigh myself and figure out how much... How do I crave the weird cravings when my Circadian clock is soooo off? And now that I think about those cravings and the time... those are my drunk foods. Maybe my drunk foods are actually my "up at midnight food."
          So are you up for our little "challenge"?

Comment

Barry, I wish you success. I'm going to assume you have talked it over with your doctor. I don't see anything unrealistic about your goal. Even a small weight loss can make a big difference in your overall health.

As you know, I'm a very active person. But even so, I still have to watch what I eat to keep my cholesterol (and therefore my weight) under control. Presently, I'd be happy to lose 10 over the next couple months. It's not much, compared to the rest of you, but it can make a BIG difference when I'm pedaling uphill.

One challenge for me is that I've recently retired, and there's a lot more opportunity to snack at home than there was at work. It hasn't been a problem yet, since I can just get away on my bike as long as the weather holds out.

I'm not sure I'm the best person to offer you advice, but I'll be cheering for you nevertheless.
            Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
            2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
            2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
              So are you up for our little "challenge"?
              Yeah. . I just need to figure out a bacon substitute.

Comment

Best of luck Barry. I don't have 55 pounds to lose so you can pick up the slack for me.

Comment

To be clear, you don't have to have any certain amount of weight to lose - 5 pounds, ten pounds, 200, it's all good. And it's all about supporting one another as we go through the process - and supporting each other with ideas and such.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                    Yeah. . I just need to figure out a bacon substitute.
                    Bacon flavored mints.

Comment

I'm in. I have lost a few pounds already, but I could stand to loose 55 more.

I am going to be trying out the Wii Fit and will post about that. I have heard it helps, and I have heard it does nothing. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                        I'm in. I have lost a few pounds already, but I could stand to loose 55 more.

I am going to be trying out the Wii Fit and will post about that. I have heard it helps, and I have heard it does nothing. We will see.
                        The Wii Fit has done wonders for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

I have a Wii...don't have the Fit, but I have to imagine it has to help. Anything and any reason to move is good for both mind and body.

Barry, I wish you the absolute best of luck, and I would like to get in on this too! Due to several years of almost nothing but stress, I've packed on some pounds I would really like to get rid of.

Also, if anyone wants, I wouldn't mind having some meet-ups before next July. Either at DL or somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            The Wii Fit has done wonders for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

That is good to hear. I will keep that in mind. I am on Day 4 rihgt now. Still have to do the body test for today.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                              That is good to hear. I will keep that in mind. I am on Day 4 rihgt now. Still have to do the body test for today.
                              What I do now is something you need to unlock. The is something in the aerobic area called "Free Step". You can set that for 10,20 or 30 minutes and turned the TV to a regular program while you are working out. You were going to watch TV anyways and when you get comfortable you can use weights and it's one helluva workout.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X