Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woah...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woah...

    My former high school has seriously gone downhill since I graduated almost 20 years ago...

    Yesterday after school, some 16 year old student fired a shot into the air on the concourse on campus.

    Then today, a 10th grader got caught with a sawed off shotgun down his pantleg and ammunition in his pocket. The school got locked down for a couple hours, then they dismissed classes at 11:15.

    They're installing metal detectors now and classes are resuming tomorrow.

    Police Arrest Student For Shot Fired Outside Creston - FOX 17

    Police Return to Creston High School - FOX 17


    Oh and I heard some kid was stabbed to death yesterday at a high school in Miami.

    WTF is wrong with these kids?! :blink:

  • #2
    Re: Woah...

    Bad parents.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Woah...

      Or just stupid kids that don't listen.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Woah...

        Originally posted by aimster View Post
        Or just stupid kids that don't listen.
        Again, bad parenting. I'm not saying children don't listen but I am saying that if they were better parents then little Johnny wouldn't be carrying a shotgun to school.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Woah...

          Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
          Again, bad parenting. I'm not saying children don't listen but I am saying that if they were better parents then little Johnny wouldn't be carrying a shotgun to school.
          X2.

          If a child under 18 causes damage to something the parent is responsible. There is a reason for that, it's important to steer that child in the right direction and these kids obviously aren't getting the needed guidance.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Woah...

            Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
            Bad parents.
            Unfortunately the case

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Woah...

              Well, it has to do with multipule things...
              1.todays music, the rap and the rock....talking about bitches,shooting people,guns,booze,sex, some rock music talks about murdering people, hate,anger
              2. the parents--the parents are probably on drugs or drink lots of booze and don't care about their kids
              3.guidence--again, bad parents, not teaching their kids at a young age right from wrong, whats good and whats bad, my cousin had no guidence from my aunt while growing up and he's in and out of jail
              video games-- for as much as it hurts me to say this,some of todays video games are a bad example. Take the grand theft auto game franchise.The ability to collect weapons and being able to run down the street shooting at people, being able to steal cars...it's sending a bad message for americas youth.... damn, I sound political

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Woah...

                You can't blame parents totally. I agree that with the right parents, and the right upbringing...a child has more of a chance of being a responsible, intelligent person who would not do things like the above. But, there are those kids who rebel. I was one. And while I never did anything as heinous as what these kids are doing...it took me a while to wake up and realize that what I was doing was getting me nowhere. Some kids don't wake up as easily.

                And you can't forget that all teenagers...have their own mind, own way of thinking, and their own will. A parent cannot watch them every second, and while the cat's away..the mice will play. You can't control anyone totally. All you can do, is set a good example...point them in the right direction..and pray for the best.



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Woah...

                  It all begins with role modeling. Like on the House Floor during the presidential address...





                  sigpic

                  I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Woah...

                    Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                    It all begins with role modeling. Like on the House Floor during the presidential address...
                    You lie!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Woah...

                      hahaha lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Woah...

                        parenting and the lack of activities in some communitites for children to do instead of coming up with ideas to kill students.
                        "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

                        Hope I was helpful!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Woah...

                          Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                          You can't blame parents totally. I agree that with the right parents, and the right upbringing...a child has more of a chance of being a responsible, intelligent person who would not do things like the above. But, there are those kids who rebel. I was one. And while I never did anything as heinous as what these kids are doing...it took me a while to wake up and realize that what I was doing was getting me nowhere. Some kids don't wake up as easily.

                          And you can't forget that all teenagers...have their own mind, own way of thinking, and their own will. A parent cannot watch them every second, and while the cat's away..the mice will play. You can't control anyone totally. All you can do, is set a good example...point them in the right direction..and pray for the best.
                          THIS.

                          One of my coworkers tries her hardest to be a good mom, but her kids just don't listen and rebel and get in trouble. Her teenage son was arrested this summer for shoplifting. She was NOT happy because she had always told her kids stealing is wrong. He luckily got off with just having to write an apology to the store and do some community service, but she told him if he tries pulling crap like that again she's going to let his butt sit in jail.

                          So some parents do try and they try to teach their kids right from wrong... but the kids just don't care and do their own thing anyway, everyone else be damned.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Woah...

                            It's hard to see when kids are like that. Just breaking their parent's hearts. You can see how much they mean to their parents, and all the hope in their hearts. Still, the kids don't care.



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Woah...

                              Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                              You can't blame parents totally. I agree that with the right parents, and the right upbringing...a child has more of a chance of being a responsible, intelligent person who would not do things like the above. But, there are those kids who rebel. I was one. And while I never did anything as heinous as what these kids are doing...it took me a while to wake up and realize that what I was doing was getting me nowhere. Some kids don't wake up as easily.

                              And you can't forget that all teenagers...have their own mind, own way of thinking, and their own will. A parent cannot watch them every second, and while the cat's away..the mice will play. You can't control anyone totally. All you can do, is set a good example...point them in the right direction..and pray for the best.
                              Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              THIS.

                              One of my coworkers tries her hardest to be a good mom, but her kids just don't listen and rebel and get in trouble. Her teenage son was arrested this summer for shoplifting. She was NOT happy because she had always told her kids stealing is wrong. He luckily got off with just having to write an apology to the store and do some community service, but she told him if he tries pulling crap like that again she's going to let his butt sit in jail.

                              So some parents do try and they try to teach their kids right from wrong... but the kids just don't care and do their own thing anyway, everyone else be damned.
                              I disagree. You, as a parent, know your child better than anyone. In regards to taking a gun to school, at some point, that child showed some sign that they needed help and to not notice IMO falls squarely on the parents shoulders.

                              Children are going to make bad choices, children are going to make mistakes, it's how you set them up and guide them BEFORE those mistakes happens that determines the course that child follows when the damage occurs.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X