This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Up - literally!

Wow, this is crazy. doesn't surprise me that it's a hoax, though. The things people will do to be on TV, for fame. They'd rather get a reality show that they got for not watching their young kid around something that dangerous than just be a happy family and not care about money or fame more than their family.

Comment

Parents charged with multiple felonies.

The part of this that disturbs me most - the way the Dad didn't stop telling his spiel when Falcon was choking on his own vomit on live television. No "son, do you need water?" or "are you ok?"

Comment

Play the game!
        Balloon Boy Game - Waste Tax Payer Money!

:blink:

Anybody know if there are games for Octomom or Kanye West?

Comment

Sheriff: Balloon Boy Family Made Deal with Media Outlet - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

It sounds to me like a certain media outlet that called us a "Disney Nerd Emporium" is behind all this.
          MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
          (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Update this thread if anyone hears they need to find a home for Falcon.

I feel bad for that kid.

Comment

I wouldn't care so much about this story (further example of people seemingly getting dumber and dumber every day) EXCEPT that I had a layover in Denver that day on my trip from NYC to LA. Due to the airport being closed to protect a boy that WASN'T in a balloon, I missed my connection and had to spend the night alone in Denver. And I had to cancel a trip to SF Magic Mountain due to arriving 12+ late.
              If it really was a hoax, can I sue them for my hotel bill?
              sigpic
              Yo soy Jeff

artbyjefflee.blogspot.com

Comment

^ That really sucks. I would go for it. And sue for another trip out here so you can go to SFMM.

Comment

I knew it was a hoax from the very beginning. How did I know? I watched an episode of "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel a year ago where the guys figured out just how many balloons you'd need to fly a 50-pound child away. It was over 500 and the balloons just barely left the concrete. (For safety's sake, they did it inside an empty warehouse.) And those balloons took up much more space than the single balloon that supposedly carried the kid.
                  Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                  Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

So the moral of the story is never buy your child over 500 balloons.

Comment

A few years ago, didn't some guy from Brazil tie a bunch of helium balloons to a lawn chair to see where he could go. If I recall he did lift off the ground quite a ways but the wind took him out to sea and he was eaten by sharks.

Comment

Mom admits it was a hoax ...

Affidavit: Mom told deputies balloon saga was hoax - Yahoo! News

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                          A few years ago, didn't some guy from Brazil tie a bunch of helium balloons to a lawn chair to see where he could go. If I recall he did lift off the ground quite a ways but the wind took him out to sea and he was eaten by sharks.

is that true?

Comment

Dad pleads guilty:

Balloon boy: Parents who reported son floated away in balloon plead guilty -- latimes.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X