X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me decide about Facebook

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It makes it VERY easy to keep in contact with old friends. I have found probably 5-10 really good friends from HS that I hadn't talked to in a few years. Some less than 5, some since HS. It's been great for re-connecting.
    This is, for me, the killer app in Facebook. Almost a third of my high school class is now on it, and some of those are friends I lost touch with years ago when we all went in different directions for college.

The photo posting, sharing and commenting is easy and awesome, too.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

The feature that I really like is the one under Pages. I have become a fan on many pages now. It is so nice to click on Pages and all the new and interesting info is right there. I really like that.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Facebook actually skews older these days. I know a lot of 50+ people who are on it and enjoying it quite a bit. As for myself, I've been able to find people I honestly had thought were lost to me forever, both family and friends as well as old high school classmates. I don't get to get on it much, but when I do, it can be enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
          The feature that I really like is the one under Pages. I have become a fan on many pages now. It is so nice to click on Pages and all the new and interesting info is right there. I really like that.
          I very much agree, theres pages for pretty much anything!

Comment

It really is true that you can customize a lot of stuff on Facebook. My grandson was complaining about people tagging him in photos, and I told him that he should customize it so that if they do that, he's the only one to see those photos.

Sometimes the wording is a little confusing, but eventually, I learn the lingo by trial and error.

I have been busy sorting my Disneyland, Disney World, and Scrapbook photos so that eventually I can put some of those in albums on Facebook.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

This doesn't have anything to do with Facebook, but I thought that I would post it here anyway. It really bugs me when I can't figure out whose name isn't on my friend's list here at MiceChat anymore. I lost a friend, and sometimes I wonder why.

I sometimes thinks perhaps that I need to get a life. Then again, I realize that MiceChat has become a big part of my life.

I don't see that happening at all on Facebook. It just doesn't have the same sense of community that I feel here.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                This doesn't have anything to do with Facebook, but I thought that I would post it here anyway. It really bugs me when I can't figure out whose name isn't on my friend's list here at MiceChat anymore. I lost a friend, and sometimes I wonder why.

I sometimes thinks perhaps that I need to get a life. Then again, I realize that MiceChat has become a big part of my life.

I don't see that happening at all on Facebook. It just doesn't have the same sense of community that I feel here.
                My Facebook "friends" come from various circles with more varied interests. Some are mice chatters, some are bike club members, some are relatives, some are people I used to work with, some are college classmates, etc.

As far as my Mice Chat "friends list" goes: I pay no attention to it. I know who my friends are on Mice Chat, and I don't need a list to keep track. If someone asks to be on my list, I'll probably approve it, but it doesn't mean all that much to me.
                Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                sigpic

Comment

I have no idea who is on my friends list here on micechat or if there is anyone....I guess I'm not that into it. I'm also not sure what the friends list is for. I totally makes sense on facebook,. but not so much here.
                  Last edited by SCUBAbe; 11-30-2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    I have no idea who is on my friends list here on micechat or if there is anyone....I guess I'm not that into it. I'm also not sure what the friends list is for. I totally makes since on facebook,. but not so much here.
                    it basically serves no purpose at the time. vbulletin added a bunch of 'me too' social features to the product which basically suck and duplicate or overlap with many other things. The customized profile page and personal albums are the only real useful stuff. The rest is really just 'me too' fluff... including 'friends'.
                    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

One thing to consider is what is your alternative to facebook? I used to use myspace, but everyone I knew changed over to facebook. Initially I disliked facebook, but once I got a handle on how it worked, I can't imagine not having it. What I like best is the people I have the hardest time keeping up with, younger family members, it is the best way of staying in touch!
                      Yaye!

Comment

I thought long and hard before I took the plunge to join Facebook. I spend a lot of time here at MiceChat, and I have a lot of hobbies. I didn't really need another distraction.

So far, I have liked the fact that I can drop my grandson a message on Facebook in the morning if I want, and sometime during the day he will read it. That's better for us than a text message on his phone that may interrupt him at the wrong time.

I have reconnected with a few people that used to be daily MiceChatters. I haven't found too many family members, but I have found a few. Of course, I haven't been on there that long.

I do plan on posting a lot of my vacation photos there. Not too much family stuff, and no pictures of my grandson. His mom is in charge of that department and she's been on Facebook for a long time.

I do not the Requests feature at all.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Welcome to facebook!
                          Yaye!

Comment

There's too much clutter on Facebook. I tend to hide a lot of the news feed. I think that's the right term. Well today, I wondered why I wasn't seeing anything at all from a few of my friends. It seems that I hid them accidentally. I am now extra careful, and make sure that I read everything that pops up when I click.

I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

the newsfeed vs livefeed is a new feature. The newsfeed you will find is very manipulative of what you see (and can be very delayed). The best view is to click on your user lists on the left, and you'll see everything you haven't hidden.

Hide posts from chatty apps or games people play you aren't interested in.. then the signal to noise is much better.
                              Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                              Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                              Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

I have done all of the above. I guess after navigating MiceChat for so long, I find navigating Facebook very different.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thread closed at request of OP.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X