• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeves

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I make sure I say "You're Welcome" really loud if they are that inconsiderate. Often they will say thank you but if not I'm sure that they are shamed. Win/Win!
    I do this too. I know I did it a couple times yesterday at Disneyland, haha.

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
    My pet peeve is people who are constantly negative and can never come up with something to be happy about or feel thankful for. What's the point of life if you can't see the good things you've got?
    These are the people I don't want to be friends with, and if I am I kick them to curb. Sorry, I don't have patience to hear you whine on how much you think your life "sucks" when it's actually pretty decent.

Leave a comment:

• animekiti4christ
    replied

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    This may put me in the poop list, but I really don't like it when people can't use proper English or grammar. That drives me nuts. If I see someone has posted that way I zoom past it. I have better things to do than decipher that.
    I agree with you too. I hate it so much when people use incorrect grammar in anything unless it's intentional. I can't stand it when people are talking to me and I know they are speaking English, but the grammar is so off that I can't tell for the life of me what they are saying.

and as someone mentioned before. The difference between 'your' and 'you're' and 'their' 'there' and 'they're' bugs the crap out of me. There is a forum I go on and that is the biggest pet peeve of the founder of the site and if someone misuses one of those words and another person corrects them they get a point. it's pretty funny actually.

Leave a comment:

• pratt55
    replied

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And speaking of poop, I don't like when I'm out doing stuff and need to force myself home to take care of business. I usually don't bother going out again after that.

hehe.. was that TMI?
    Yes but then again I always knew you were full of it :lol: and yet I still like you.

New one: When someone does something wrong and then tells mistruths to justify it. Then when there lies don't tread any water, they say they are taking a break from it all, then turn around a short time later and come back like nothing ever happened.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    This may put me in the poop list, but I really don't like it when people can't use proper English or grammar. That drives me nuts. If I see someone has posted that way I zoom past it. I have better things to do than decipher that.

I agree. I can't stand when people don't know "to" from "too", "your from "you're", "there" from "their".

And speaking of poop, I don't like when I'm out doing stuff and need to force myself home to take care of business. I usually don't bother going out again after that.

hehe.. was that TMI?

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• disneyfan07
    replied

another pet peeve of mine is: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
    close to taking a picture of something then

RIGHT!!!!!!!! a group of usually ten or twenty tourists, usually french or japanese come running and rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtsmackclun ckheywatchitbubclunkclangoof!!! right in front of me they stop and converse with each other for 20 or more minutes.

now mind you I dont understand or speak french or japanese, but how much are you willing to bet its to discuss :rant: WHAT THE **** THEY ARE GOING TO DO NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post
    Another Pet Peeve of mine is people who use text language in regular correspondence like emails, posting on boards, notes.

My wife works with 28 year old woman who sends emails out like :

"I spke w/ dr and he sd 2 gve U a copy or the reprt & 4 u 2 dbl chk 4 errors. idk if he saw ur orig msg or not. "

If i have to use a codec to decipher your message, I'm going to call you an idiot!

With more and more people using phones to do emails and things like that, you're going to see that plenty more I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• LLEBREKNIT
    replied

I have SO many pet peeves, I think I get new ones every day.

My newest one that has really started to get to me is people who cant properly use the ice dispenser on a fridge. Every time I see someone open up a freezer door and stick their hands in the ice tray it really grosses me out.

A couple of my husbands friends do that, ugh. I give them a hard time for it and then toss out some of the ice after they leave.

Leave a comment:

• sgtpeper
    replied

Another Pet Peeve of mine is people who use text language in regular correspondence like emails, posting on boards, notes.

My wife works with 28 year old woman who sends emails out like :

"I spke w/ dr and he sd 2 gve U a copy or the reprt & 4 u 2 dbl chk 4 errors. idk if he saw ur orig msg or not. "

If i have to use a codec to decipher your message, I'm going to call you an idiot!

Leave a comment:

• disneyfan07
    replied

another one is aks. :bang:

sorry folks but to me thats like fingernails down the chalk board.

(dont have a smilie of someone throwing up so I used this one)
    folks its ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!! repeat it 200 times and I guarantee you will no longer aks someone a question but will ask someone a question.

Leave a comment:

• IzzyInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I never liked listening to people speak with too many "UMs". ever since high school. Hated it.
    I think I might say UM a lot. I'm sorry that "you're" friends with me. I almost spelled it "your" just to bug you. That is probably another one of your peeves.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I never liked listening to people speak with too many "UMs". ever since high school. Hated it.

Leave a comment:

• miapoepia
    replied

I agree with:
    Shopping carts- is that hard to put them where they belong?

Being punctual- please show you care and be some what on time.

My biggest pet peeve is when someone litters their conversations with "you know" "um" and "like." I have a friend who I want to say something to,but don't want to be bitchy. After every sentence is "you know?" or "um, its like you know." I don't know why but it irritates me to no end.

Leave a comment:

• animekiti4christ
    replied

You know what also really bugs me?
    Names. I absolutely hate it when people misspell or mispronounce my name or any other name on this planet. and nicknames too. Unless you have permission by the person, do NOT shorten, pronounce incorrectly, create a variation, or misspell the name. My name is Susanna and I absolutely HATE it when people are like SUSIE! or SUSAN! or SUS! I mean really? Is it THAT hard to say my full name? and no one ever spells it right either. I've seen about a gajillion and seven versions of how to spell my name. I don't get what's so hard about spelling Su-San-Na. My friends know not to mess around with names around me or I give them the look that I'm about to strangle them. though I never do. haha >.<

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    Solicitation phone calls on a Friday night, don't you know I won't answer the dang phone!
    How about solicitation phone calls period? I got on the Do Not Call list, and have gotten more calls!

Leave a comment:

• disneyfan07
    replied

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    Solicitation phone calls on a Friday night, don't you know I won't answer the dang phone!

I group telemarketers in with lawyers. both of them are soulless, greedy, spineless *******s

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pratt55
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    Thinking of the Pratt's eating lunch does that to me too. Hold the grape juice please.
    You're in trouble now little boy.

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Threads about smoking and strollers in DL.
    :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• OogieBoogie
    replied

Threads about smoking and strollers in DL.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Wow, that makes me sick to my stomach.
    Thinking of the Pratt's eating lunch does that to me too. Hold the grape juice please.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X