X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick.

hi everyone,

has anyone been effected with the flu? unfortunately i am. and it feels terrible especially with hard strong coughs that has you want to struggle with your breathing. and my chest feels kinda tightned since I have asthama.and I also have a small mild fever. I just hope it goes away fast but it's a slow recovery. i guess im going to have some patience on these flu. My energy level is quite low.

how do you guys handle this?

Re: sick.

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hi everyone,

has anyone been effected with the flu? unfortunately i am. and it feels terrible especially with hard strong coughs that has you want to struggle with your breathing. and my chest feels kinda tightned since I have asthama.and I also have a small mild fever. I just hope it goes away fast but it's a slow recovery. i guess im going to have some patience on these flu. My energy level is quite low.

One day at time, rest,think nice things,play the lieing game,
    most of all,get real.....I keep you in my prayer!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Sleep.

Comment

Drink lots of fluids and get lots of sleep. Hope you feel better soon Rex Dopey!

Comment

Regular flu or H1N1?

Comment

Take care, RD. So far, I've been lucky. Age makes me low risk for H1N1, and I've had my seasonal flu shot.
            Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
            2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
            2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
              Regular flu or H1N1?

its probably regular flu. well i did vomit twice at work. I really don't know. I would say it is a regular flu.

Thank you all for you nice kind words. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Comment

And by fluids, they mean water. There simply is no fluid better for you than water, especially when you're sick. Drink lots of it. It helps bring your fever down. Having an excess of water when your sick allows your body to quickly flush toxins from your system as well. It thins your blood a little bit by lowering the cell to fluid ratio which means your immune system cells can get around your body faster and easier.

And yeah, lots of rest. Take it real easy. Especially with the cough.

My wife caught the flu 2 weeks ago and she the flu itself is over, but the cough remains and it doesn't take much to set her coughing. So breath slowly and shallowly if you can until you beat it. Flu sucks. It's nasty. I know you probably don't feel to much like eating either, but be sure you get good nutritional food so that your body has the energy it needs to fight off the flu as well.

Hope you feel better soon.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Aaawwww, Im really sorry to hear. All you can really do is stay home and rest in bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post

I take a sick day from work and go to Disneyland!!! :yea: :lol:

j/k!!!

Stay home and get plenty of rest!

Get well soon!

Comment

lol. oh you.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                        Take it real easy. Especially with the cough.

My wife caught the flu 2 weeks ago and she the flu itself is over, but the cough remains and it doesn't take much to set her coughing. So breath slowly and shallowly if you can until you beat it.

Hope you feel better soon.
                        I 2nd this about the cough. I had H1N1 in early Sept and the cough lingered until the end of October. I had about two cough free nights and then BAM!! I caught another bug complete with cough and sinus congestion! At first, it was tight like asthma and then (with the help of a cough pill from Costco - similar to mucinex), it loosened and is now almost gone. I feel your pain and I mean that literally. I coughed so violently with H1N1 that I swore I'd broken a rib or two.

Get lots of rest (I missed 2 weeks of work) and then rest some more on the weekends. I hope you feel better!
                        Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Comment

My household has been very fortunate so far this year. Seems like everyone I know has been sick over and over.

It sounds like a terrible time, hope everyone feels better soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear ya sick rex, especially right before Thanksgiving. Besides all the great advice already given here the only recommendation I can give is indulge in some good comfort food after the first few days.

I really like IN n' Out, so a day or two after I first get hit with the flu, i'll enjoy a burger from there. Don't go overboard and take it easy and only indulge if you feel you can hold down your choice food.

Plenty of fluids, plenty of rest. Catch up on some TV or DVD's and if it gets worse go see your doctor!

Feel Better soon Rex!
                            "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. Rest, drink plenty of water, and take vitamins. I hope your flu passes quickly - especially before Thanksgiving! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
                              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'll echo everyone else. Sleep A LOT and make sure you drink water.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post
                                  Sorry to hear ya sick rex, especially right before Thanksgiving. Besides all the great advice already given here the only recommendation I can give is indulge in some good comfort food after the first few days.

I really like IN n' Out, so a day or two after I first get hit with the flu, i'll enjoy a burger from there. Don't go overboard and take it easy and only indulge if you feel you can hold down your choice food.

Plenty of fluids, plenty of rest. Catch up on some TV or DVD's and if it gets worse go see your doctor!

Feel Better soon Rex!

thanks. too be honest, Im trying to cut down on the hamburgers. i have eaten way too many of them in the past weeks and months. My diet will be the first thing to start and it starts now. lol. I already know what is my new years resolution.And that is to be more healthy and eat more healthier.

Thanks your kind words everyone, Im starting to feel much more better. the good thing about this I will not be at work tomorrow and I have a dr's appointment yay! lol. this week will be a shorter which helps the time go by. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                    I'll echo everyone else. Sleep A LOT and make sure you drink water.

Thanks. we'll do

Comment

I can't remember the last time I had the flu. It's probably been at least 10 years. I hardly ever get sick. I can kiss my BF when he has a raging cold and not get his cooties. Go fig.

Comment

Are doing any better today I sure hope!
                                        Looks like lots of Mices (-and Rats) care, that should make feel
                                        little more encourage! Take care!
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X