Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Should Christmas Sales Be Promoted In Stores & Advertisements Prior To Thanksgiving?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Christmas Sales Be Promoted In Stores & Advertisements Prior To Thanksgiving?

Seems to me like every year retail stores and other commercial businesses begin their advetisements and sales ealier. From what I noticed this year, the commercialization of Christmas began in October. Thanksgiving seems to be becoming of lesser importance. It's seems more like an obsticle that commercial businesses attempt to speed by while concentrating on their efforts to prod potential customers into buying their goods and services. I haven't even noticed many Thanksgiving centered television programs this year.

Thanksgiving is every bit as important as Chistmas. Rather than giving presents, we honor our immediate family, relations and close friends by taking the time to be in eachothers presense. As opposed to exchanging verbal Christmas salutations and cards, we simply exchange love and the warmth of being together for the mutual purpose of being thankful for everything that we have... both physically and in spirit.

The Pilgrims first couple of landings were rocky to say the least. They and the native Americans they first incountered did not get along at all. By the time that the Pilgrims finally found a place to settle, they were each hoping with all their hearts to find friendship. That they did! mong many other things... they and the Indians blended their cultures together, and shared their knowledge of hunting, gathering and preparing food.

As an American, I give thanks to the soldiers, the entrepreneurs, the civic leaders... to all of the many who have forged and continue to build the greatest nation of families working together on Earth. We are America... and that's a wonderous awesome privelege. I do not take for granted my freedoms and reponsibilities as an citizen of the good ol' U.S.A. When I sing God Bless America, I truely mean it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful friends here at MiceChat!
    Thanksgiving
    0.00%
    Christmas
    77.78%
    Like Both Holidays Equally
    11.11%
    Don't Care For Either Holiday
    11.11%
    Don't Have An Opinion On The Subject
    0.00%
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Should Christmas Sales Be Promoted In Stores &amp; Advertisements Prior To Thanksgivi

I think it depends on the type of store. Like my knitting store had Christmas stuff out back in June and July, but that's because in June and July is when knitters (or crocheters or needle pointers...) start to think about Christmas and the holidays (because knitting wool things in August is awesome!). Hardware stores need to have their holiday stuff out early too...

To answer the poll question:
    Between Christmas and Thanksgiving... I like Hannukah.

Comment

Re: Should Christmas Sales Be Promoted In Stores &amp; Advertisements Prior To Thanksgivi

i love seeing christmas stuff out in june and july. it makes my day merry lol.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
        I think it depends on the type of store. Like my knitting store had Christmas stuff out back in June and July, but that's because in June and July is when knitters (or crocheters or needle pointers...) start to think about Christmas and the holidays (because knitting wool things in August is awesome!). Hardware stores need to have their holiday stuff out early too...

To answer the poll question:
        Between Christmas and Thanksgiving... I like Hannukah.
        Thanks for responding, knittingnerd. You make a valid point that knitting wupplies need to be puchased way in advance. It takes quality time to make those gorgeous clothes, etc. talented artists such as you do. As a matter of fact, nothing says Chistmas like homemade pesents! :thumbup:

Happy Hannukah! bth... Are presents exchanched during Hannukah?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
          i love seeing christmas stuff out in june and july. it makes my day merry lol.
          I've never seen Christmas merchandise that early in the year. Where do you shop?

Comment

Christmas and Thanksgiving have specific meaning to you, and how & when stores deal with Christmas have nothing to do with it, in my opinion.

If you feel Christmas is being over-commercialized due to the retail aspect, I guess I would say just ignore it as much as possible.

It's funny, some people will complain when stores use the phrase "Happy Holidays", as though that's somehow an attack on Christmas, as if spending a bunch of money on crap at a department store has anything to do with the true meaning of the season anyway.

As far as Christmas edging out Thanksgiving in the stores? Since the only thing one generally buys for Thanksgiving is a turkey, I don't see it as being an issue.
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              I've never seen Christmas merchandise that early in the year. Where do you shop?

Ross dress for less. lol. i used to work for that company and every june they would put out all the xmas , fall, halloween out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                Ross dress for less. lol. i used to work for that company and every june they would put out all the xmas , fall, halloween out.
                One of my friends shops atRoss a lot. I like the prices and fashions in the mens section at the new Forever 21 store in my area.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X