This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to get a Mom for Christmas?

I go back and forth every year with what to get my Mother for her Christmas gift and I figured that I should ask my fellow MCrs for ideas since a lot of you are wives/mothers/ect and I want to see your thoughts.

Her home is simple white but she really loves calming colors like a light olive green. I'm looking to get her multiple small things vs. one big gift - small things as in $5 - $15 each.

I really can't think of anything she "needs" at the moment since she has most of the things she would really want so now I'm looking for something useful.

So please share your gift ideas - I appreciate all the help I can get!

-Sarah
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Re: What to get a Mom for Christmas?

I already got her these cute little tealight candle holders and a pack of tealights from Crate and Barrel. They had them in a set of 6 holders and a pack of tealights for $10 and it was nicely wrapped and topped off with a bow.
    Crate and Barrel - Candleholders shopping in Crate and Barrel Candleholders
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Does your mom like to hang photos? Maybe you can buy her some frames to go with her color scheme. Or even better, if you enjoy photography, maybe print out some of your best shots and frame them for her! [=

I'm thinking about doing portraits of my brothers and I to give to my mom for Christmas this year. She doesn't have any recent photos of us around the house; the most recent picture of us is from July, 2008!

~Lianna~

Comment

I was going to suggest photos as well. My mom never wanted us to fuss over her at Christmas, but she would always smile a lot when we presented her with Family photographs.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I was going to ask this same question, PS! LOL

I finally gave up and asked my mom what she wanted. She said she wants a robe.

Before that, I was racking my brain trying to come up with things. I thought maybe a picture throw. You know, those you can get a picture put on? Last year, I had a calender made for her through Disney's photopass. I put all our favorite family pictures from WDW on it. She loved it.

Comment

Has a mom who has reached a point in her life that I really don't "need" any more stuff... I agree with the others. Anything picture related is a great idea! You could have a portraits done of you and Olivia.... that is... if Olivia would sit still long enough to have her picture taken! :lol:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

If she doesn't need any more stuff, perhaps get her a certificate for a massage or a mani/pedi? When my mom turned 50, I had the worst time deciding on a gift for her, I finally settled on a massage (don;t forget to pay the tip, too!) and she LOVED it. 4 years later she still raves about what a wonderful gift it was.

You can probably find some local day spa with decent prices online. I think I paid $100 for an hour body massage, but I know there are many different options in many different price ranges.
              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow. That's a great idea, SunnyG!

I might do that for my mom's bday in Feb!

Comment

After years of buying me gifts that were nice, but not really "ME", my older son asks me for a list. Then he buys me something off my list. I get really great presents that way. My younger son buys me gift certificates, and that's great too.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

An opportunity to sleep. No Mom would refuse that.

Comment

My mom always gives me a list of things she wants and I pick something from said list.

Comment

I'm going to add to those suggesting photos. My mom hates that digital cameras don't give you something immediately tangible, how the pictures tend to just get stored on a computer and that's it. Maybe get a photo album from Aaron Brothers or Target and print out pictures from 2009 that include your mom...holidays, birthdays, family events, etc. Having the pictures all in one pretty place will trigger memories and smiles.
                        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I just ask. Usually while at disneyana I ask which one she wants and then buy it for her...easy.

Comment

Nothing says "love you mom!" like a new washer and dryer for the laundry. :blink::lol:And mom's reaction would be: :bash:

Comment

As a mom, I would love Sunnygirl as my daughter because that is what my boys usually get me. Another favorite is gift certificates for my favorite movie theater and restaurants. This year my boys have out done themselves already and bought and paid for our airplane tickets to go to anniversary and are paying for our hotel for our birthdays.

Pictures are great, when my son was 18 I had him and his 2 bff since 6th grade go get professional portraits done as a gift to all 3 of us moms. Needless to say all of us moms still have that picture on our walls.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X