This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Shipping!! Gotta love the Holidays

So I have an amazon prime account that I got on discount last season. it's main benefit is you get free two-day shipping on most items (marketplace vendors can be hit or miss).

Well yesterday I needed some sandpaper for one of my sanders and I didn't want to go back out (due to snow here). I ordered it at 1pm on Sunday.

Monday morning I had the package on my step! That's right, overnight (or same day) shipping for free.

Amazon normally steps up their shipping at the holidays where you get stuff sooner then you expect... but next day when ordered on a sunday? Bonus!!

Now Amazon has been building up their infrastructure for this kind of stuff.. they've started offering same day delivery for a higher fee in select cities this fall... but this is great.

Now I need to find a promo for this year to re-up my prime membership

Re: Crazy Shipping!! Gotta love the Holidays

Wow...nice.

Comment

That's great!

Fast shipping, for the win! lol

~Lianna~

Comment

Niiiiice.
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

There are promo codes out there for a free 2 month membership - I have one now and really like it! Considering buying a full year.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I bought prime last year with a promo.. forget the details - but its worth it. Amazon has consistently gotten better over the years, and while you still need to comparison shop to validate things... they tend to be very competitive most of the time.

Comment

I ordered something Friday and got it yesterday without a promo code or anything. And just putting it out there:

If anyone needs a gift for someone and wants it on the cheap and fast. Snapfish.com is having a promo with GMA for a 5 picture flip book for the price of shipping if you put the promo code "GMAFREE". I just got a book for my aunt, who lives in a nursing home, with pictures of her son, husband, and family all for the cost of $2.18.

Comment

I love amazon. I've had prime for a few years now.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                  I love amazon. I've had prime for a few years now.
                  I've had Amazon Prime for a few years as well. It's great. Also a teriffic place to get Disney DVD's, CD's, books, etc. I just tap that "one click" button and the stuff shows up at my door. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob33 View Post
                    I've had Amazon Prime for a few years as well. It's great. Also a teriffic place to get Disney DVD's, CD's, books, etc. I just tap that "one click" button and the stuff shows up at my door. Great.
                    I get my k-cup coffee from there also....not to mention my kindle books. amazon has everything.

Comment

I like amazon myself .

Comment

I bought something off ebay last Thursday night that had free shipping and it arrived in the mail today. YAY!

I should be receiving 2 packages from Barnes & Noble tomorrow. Found the books I wanted cheaper than what Amazon listed (and one was out of stock on Amazon) and got free shipping. Plus I ordered a DVD through them at the same time and it was delayed being shipped until yesterday, but it looks like I'll get that tomorrow as well.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X