X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my7dwarves
    replied
    Re: New Disney Debit Card

I did end up signing up my Chase debit card because my husband did his. The $25 yearly fee is per account, not card, which was good news.
    Because we have a joint account, my husband and I were able to link our cards together to make the points add up even faster. With a family as large as ours, it will be interesting to see the results!!

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Originally posted by HighLeveller View Post
    Yeah, changing bank accounts for just this is kinda dumb, unless you're moving and need to change banks anyway. I think I might look at getting one though, because I already have a Chase account and already use the check-card I got with it all the time, and don't need another credit card. Just not sure how long it will take to spend $2500 with it to offset the $25 yearly fee.
    I used to have multiple cards, but I only have my credit union debit and the Disney Visa. One credit card meets all my needs.

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
    Do you buy groceries with the Chase Disney card? We have 4 kids so that is probably our most constant and high use of the card. Points for food!
    No.

For general purchases I use my credit union debit card (Rarely use cash and almost never a check). For major purchases (auto repairs, some computer stuff, vacation expenses etc.) as well as general online purchases (Amazon, etc.), direct billing services (Netflix, server rental, etc.), and my business expenses.

My reasoning is that living expenses I can track daily online through the C.U. whereas I can't with the Visa. Those Visa charges I don't need or desire to check more than biweekly.

May not be efficient - but it works for me, and I currently have nearly $160 Reward dollars for my Disneyland trip in October. Hope to have over $200 by then. That should buy a couple of in the park meals...

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
    Hmmm... I Like my Credit Union and their debit card - don't need a banking account with Chase for the joy of using their debit card. I already get the "Rewards" points usable as Disney Dollars by being a charter member of the Disney Visa Card through Chase. If I pay the card off quickly (as in biweekly when I transfer funds when I bill pay online) there is no interest penalty.

I'm not seeing the need for complication and duplication...
    Do you buy groceries with the Chase Disney card? We have 4 kids so that is probably our most constant and high use of the card. Points for food!

Leave a comment:

• HighLeveller
    replied

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
    Hmmm... I Like my Credit Union and their debit card - don't need a banking account with Chase for the joy of using their debit card. I already get the "Rewards" points usable as Disney Dollars by being a charter member of the Disney Visa Card through Chase. If I pay the card off quickly (as in biweekly when I transfer funds when I bill pay online) there is no interest penalty.

Yeah, changing bank accounts for just this is kinda dumb, unless you're moving and need to change banks anyway. I think I might look at getting one though, because I already have a Chase account and already use the check-card I got with it all the time, and don't need another credit card. Just not sure how long it will take to spend $2500 with it to offset the $25 yearly fee.

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
    That confused me to Wolfy. I've seen the Disney Credit card before but the OP stated it was a debit card. I have no need or desire to open another credit card... I'm working hard to pay off what I have and then cut them all up. But if I could just tie my existing Chase acct. debit card to this then I might consider it.

*shrugs* Next time I'm in the bank I'll ask them about it...
    I'm sorry, I might have put the incorrect link up, they all kind of look the same on the surface. Here is the Disney link for the Debit card. One technical catch is you MUST use the card in "Credit" mode so it runs through VISA or you don't get your points. Read the paperwork, no big deal, its still a debit card but you need to remember not to use your pin. The points come from VISA I think. Here is a new link.
    Disney Rewards Debit Card - Rewards - Earning

Leave a comment:

• disneylandkitty
    replied

That confused me to Wolfy. I've seen the Disney Credit card before but the OP stated it was a debit card. I have no need or desire to open another credit card... I'm working hard to pay off what I have and then cut them all up. But if I could just tie my existing Chase acct. debit card to this then I might consider it.

I have it it is tied to my bank account a debit card. I used to have the credit card i got rid of it but love the debit card function going to check my points in Jan letting them build up alittle bit first.

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

this sounds really cool, but i like to stick with bank of america, everyone i know has bank of america, plus their locations in my town are so very convient, right next to the mall, movie theatres, my college, it's convient everywhere except for my house )

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
    The link you put up is for the Chase Credit Card not a debit card, this has been available for years now.

I'm presuming the debit card is only good if you have a checking account with Chase Bank, just like all other debit cards out there. Nice they offer rewards points for using it, but no thanks, I'll stick with my current bank.

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied

The link you put up is for the Chase Credit Card not a debit card, this has been available for years now.

I'm presuming the debit card is only good if you have a checking account with Chase Bank, just like all other debit cards out there. Nice they offer rewards points for using it, but no thanks, I'll stick with my current bank.

Leave a comment:

• Exprmnt626
    replied

I don't think it would, because it's not tied to a line of credit...right?

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Is it worth leaving your existing bank for? (like Bof A)

And merely by signing up for it, does it show up on your credit report, and ding your FICA score?

Leave a comment:

• RedHandedJill
    replied

I would so love one of those!

Leave a comment:

• mcampos5
    replied

This card is great for Disney fans. You can build up points (where 1 pt = $1.00) to use at the parks, resorts or any Disney Store. I think the drawback is that you get 1 pt for every $100.00 purchase.

The points have a life expectancy of about 2 to 3 years before you loose them. On our DW trip this past September, we had about 127 points to use as tips for our Disney Dining.

We don't have an annual fee with this card and the points add up when the special promotion is offered where you can get 5 times points for purchases above $250.00. They add up fast.

When we left DW in September, we had 10 points and now we back up to 36 points which we'll be using during our March/April visit to DL.

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

Originally posted by Snookie View Post
    Is there a web site that has info about this?
    This is the Chase site.

This is the Disney site.

Leave a comment:

• MsKaren
    replied

Is there a web site that has info about this?

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

Um... I have a Chase debit card.. but yeah, if there is an annual fee I'd have to think about signing up for it. I use my debit card for everything too so if I'd make back more than I paid in fees... maybe.
    We've had ours for about 3 months now and love them. There is an annual fee but it is tied to the account and you can have up to 4 cards on the same account and only pay the fee once. Points do add up pretty quick.

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    Do you need to go into a branch to sign up or can you do it online?
    go into the branch

Leave a comment:

• Evil Step-Mom
    replied

Do you need to go into a branch to sign up or can you do it online?

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied

I have had my Chase Disney card for a couple of years now and it is great. I've purchased 3 premium annual passes because of this deal. Since I purchased my passes in July of last year, I've earned enough dollars right now for two more passes with 6 months to go before I need to renew.

It is really worth the small annual fee if you use your credit card a lot.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X