Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

I need help....

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need help....

Originally posted by hyperlitehunny View Post
    , but maybe she's just finding another way to attack me.
    And that would be yet another strike against her. Glad you got legal counsel. We are all tuned in to hear about your progress.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

The police are still trying to contact me (I was contacted sometime last week and just earlier a different cop called), and I've just been going with what the lawyer said and not speaking to them or answering my calls. I don't answer any of the phone calls I get if I don't recognize the number.

I think my former boss has stopped contacting me and is just leaving it in the hands of the police since she never responded to my email.

~Lianna~

Comment

Cops are still trying to contact me, and they've left a message stating they will take it to the DA for embezzlement and that they'll put out a warrant. They've also been calling my house phone.

I called the same lawyer for advice, but she wasn't in the office when I called. So I just left a message.

I'm hoping she calls back tomorrow.

~Lianna~

Comment

I would ask the lawyer if you could answer the phone the next time they call and give them her number.

That way, you could answer and tell the cops.."yes, I am Lianne *****. I have turned the matter over to my lawyer. You can reach her at this number *******."
          And hang up.

Comment

I have seen similar situations where the letter can be fought against due to the fact that it was not signed and notarized so officially its just a promise, now the paying under the counter depends on how much wages she paid you under the counter she can be at fault and you also can be at fault if you fall into a tax bracket that you would be required to pay, It was illegal for her to withhold your possessions from you, yet she has signatures on the CC statements with your signature, I would let it go to court threaten her as everyone else on here is saying and let it go to small claims court, worse case scenario you will have to pay the amex that you charged, it will be questionable if you have to pay the interest on it but the good thing is if you do not earn much you will be able to pay a minimum on the debt, it is happening right now and we are owed 1300 and they allowed them to pay 50 dollars a month. So basically its a toss up, I wouldn't stress about it to much, I mean you got your stuff back and even though she told you to use the amex card under her permission and she would cover it, at least it was used for you and you shouldnt feel that bad having to pay it back. If it were me I would pay her back and move on its not worth the hassle but make sure you do it correctly from here on out, pay with checks or money orders and put on them what they are for your records. This isnt the end of the world just a minor setback.

Comment

Are sure its the real police? I wouldnt just hang up on the cops just yet, is she turning it in as CC Fraud? I may have missed that in a previous post, thats the only way I can see that the cops would be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperlitehunny View Post
                The police are still trying to contact me (I was contacted sometime last week and just earlier a different cop called), and I've just been going with what the lawyer said and not speaking to them or answering my calls. I don't answer any of the phone calls I get if I don't recognize the number.
                Cops are still trying to contact me, and they've left a message stating they will take it to the DA for embezzlement and that they'll put out a warrant. They've also been calling my house phone.

I called the same lawyer for advice, but she wasn't in the office when I called. So I just left a message.

I'm hoping she calls back tomorrow.
                At this point I suggest talking to the police by returning their phone call. They are probably just trying to get your side of the story so that they can make a decision on what to do with the complaint. Having tried repeatedly to contact you and not getting a response might be starting to seem suspicious to them. Under no circumstances should you agree to "come down to the station" to talk to them (or at least not without your lawyer present).
                Hopefully your mom's lawyer friend will call back soon, but it may come down to you having to hire them for a bit to sort this all out if the police continue to be persistant after they get your side of things.

Comment

Lianna, I'm only following your saga in this thread right now. Unfortunately, I have no great insight to offer but hopefully everything works out for you!

I hope you don't feel too bad about any mistakes you may have made. It's almost like a rite of passage for younger people to get into screw ups where you're completely in over your head. I myself have had two of them.

Good luck with everything!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X