Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Good bye World of Disney 5th Ave :(

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good bye World of Disney 5th Ave

Aww. I've been there twice, last in July. I had heard it was closing. After pin trading with a cast member, I mentioned the closure. She expressed her disappointment and encouraged me to write a letter. I did, and I got a very sincere gift--I had mentioned in the letter that I was pin trading at the store and that I purchased a long-wanted Haunted Mansion CD-- a Hitchhiking Ghosts lanyard medal. That didn't save the wonderful store though. I loved looking at all the CDs and park-related merch on the second floor, and all the beautiful art on the third floor. My first encounter with Vinylmation was last summer, there. I bought a nice Mickey New York City pin there. I never did get to one of there pin trading mornings, though. Hopefully those will continue.

From what I've seen the new Times Square store is a "Disney Store." Not World of Disney. I hope the new one lives up to the quality of the old one.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Apparently DLP will be getting a WoD soon too.

Comment

I hope the new store is as great as the old one. I was hoping it would be a World of Disney, but I am still eager to see if this Disney Store will be great.

Thanks for the article NNL!
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post

Thats great! When I go east to visit my family, we always go into the city. It will be nice to have the new WOD in Times Square next to Toysrus and our #1 resturant, Carmines. I'm excited! This sounds really cool.
          Jewish American Disney Princess

Comment

It does say it won't be operated by Parks & Resorts anymore. Which, unless the new Disney Store concept turns out to be amazing, might mean blandness.

Comment

Just recently they put up a sign on the future Times Square location. It features Mickey and says "opening Fall 2010"
              Wouldn't it be nice if I had taken a picture of it to post here? Yeah, I think so too.
              sigpic
              Yo soy Jeff

artbyjefflee.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                I hope the new store is as great as the old one. I was hoping it would be a World of Disney, but I am still eager to see if this Disney Store will be great.
                Hear hear. I hope the New Disney Store [chain] is as fantastic as it's being hyped. I liked the presence of Parks&Resorts at WOD, though.
                -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X