This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Random Advice" thread

Thought it would be cool to have a "Random Advice" thread, to share those little nuggets with people that they may not have thought about.

Such as:

Putting groceries in the "Seat" area in the shopping cart.

Think about who sits there. Babies with diapers ... perhaps LEAKY diapers.

I NEVER put my groceries up there and will even tell the baggers not to put stuff up there when bagging. When they ask why and I tell them they get this "aha ... ewww" look on their face.

Re: The "Random Advice" thread

- There are more germs on your kitchen counter than there are on your toilet seat.

- Smile, its the second best thing you can do with your lips.

- You don't have to hoochify yourself to be beautiful.

- Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut.

- The best things in life aren't things.

- Most of the things you worry about never happen.

- The future belongs to those of us still willing to get our hands dirty.

- Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Comment

Focus on the positive.

Comment

Hydrogen Peroxide is your friend!

Pour in on cuts insted of alcohol.

Gargle with it when you have a sore throat.

Swish it around your teeth to whiten them.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

What about all those kids that insist on riding around in the basket area of the shopping cart. Dirty shoes and clothes from school that have been on the ground and who know where else?

Should probably just stop using shopping carts all together.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
            What about all those kids that insist on riding around in the basket area of the shopping cart. Dirty shoes and clothes from school that have been on the ground and who know where else?

Should probably just stop using shopping carts all together.
            Yeah, that bugs me to no end. People just don't seem to realize WE PUT OUR FOOD IN THERE!!!!

Honestly, for the most part I only go to the store for a few things and use my own reusable shopping bag. But once in awhile we have to use the cart. What can ya do?

Comment

I pack food in the top cart and I don't care. I'm hoping baby's fecal matter doesn't seep through tin cans or milk cartions.

Comment

whenever you feel the need to run, do it.
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Don't eat yellow snow.

Comment

Never eat anything bigger than your head.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Discover your roots. It is never too late to embrace your culture.

Have faith, but remember that faith makes things possible, not easy. Failure only happens when you fail to try.

Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

It is never about how fast you run, how high you jump, or how much you lift, what matters most is how well you bounce.

You don't have to search to find the joy in life, but you might need to take your negativity glasses off.

If the going gets tough, never stop, just shift down and keep moving and remember there is always someone, somewhere, fighting a similar battle or worse.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

when all else fails, try again.... if you fail again, you really suck

Comment

Don't sneeze and pass gas at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                            Thought it would be cool to have a "Random Advice" thread, to share those little nuggets with people that they may not have thought about.

Such as:

I NEVER put my groceries up there and will even tell the baggers not to put stuff up there when bagging. When they ask why and I tell them they get this "aha ... ewww" look on their face.
                            That's nothing, I've seen people change their kids diapers on the restaurant tables at Disneyland. Carry Clorox wipes with you at all times.

Comment

-If you have TMJ (Tempero-mandibular joint disfunction), yawn with your chin towards you chest, thus relieving some pressure for your jaw.

-Water and baking soda on a rag, Apple cider vinegar, lemon water, and tea are among the many sunburn remedies. I personally found the tea soaked in a paper towel to be soothing and took away the burn best.

-Boil some water, let it cool a little bit, add a little bit of lemon juice or cucumber, put a towel over your head and put your face above the water and you'll have yourself a nice little facial.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X