This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal levity

Among other things, I'm reading a very funny book called "Wacky Laws, & Weird Decisions & Strange Statutes". Man is there some crazy stuff in here. Examples include:

In the state of West Virginia, its against the law to sneeze on a train.

Every public vehicle in San Francisco must be outfitted with a spitoon (this includes police cars, trolleys, taxis and busses).

In Blue Earth, MN, its against the law for children under 12 to talk on the phone unless acoompanied by a parent.

In Waco, TX, its illegal to toss a banana peel on the streets because a horse could step on the peel and slip.

People who make ugly faces at dogs in Oklahoma can be jailed or fined.

You can't serve beer to a moose in Alaska.

There's almost 300 pages of this stuff!!! I've only gotten through page 15 so far, but the book has been keeping me laughing!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: Legal levity

Have you ever played Balderdash? In the game players complete the sentence of actual laughable law.

For example a game card would say: "In Flowery Branch, Georgia, it is against the law to holler..." and players then complete the sentence and try to fool each other into thinking that their response is the actual laughable law.

After reading that book I would think that you would be very good at fooling others and picking the correct answers.

(and by the way...In Flowery Branch, Georgia, it is against the law to holler "Snake" within city limits .)
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Comment

Re: Legal levity

Some of these laws have good reasons though.

For Eaxmple:

"In the state of West Virginia, its against the law to sneeze on a train."

I bet if this did happen, someone got offended that they were sneezed on, got in a fight with the sneezer or sneezers parents and they wound up going to court for it.

"In Waco, TX, its illegal to toss a banana peel on the streets because a horse could step on the peel and slip."

I can see that happening.

"People who make ugly faces at dogs in Oklahoma can be jailed or fined."

Who would want someone harassing their animals?

"You can't serve beer to a moose in Alaska."

This is because someone use to serve a moose a lot of beer. I read the story some where.

Some of the laws I can not explain like "It is illegal for a dog to molest a car LOL. But most stupid laws are explainable.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X