Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Legal levity

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal levity

Among other things, I'm reading a very funny book called "Wacky Laws, & Weird Decisions & Strange Statutes". Man is there some crazy stuff in here. Examples include:

In the state of West Virginia, its against the law to sneeze on a train.

Every public vehicle in San Francisco must be outfitted with a spitoon (this includes police cars, trolleys, taxis and busses).

In Blue Earth, MN, its against the law for children under 12 to talk on the phone unless acoompanied by a parent.

In Waco, TX, its illegal to toss a banana peel on the streets because a horse could step on the peel and slip.

People who make ugly faces at dogs in Oklahoma can be jailed or fined.

You can't serve beer to a moose in Alaska.

There's almost 300 pages of this stuff!!! I've only gotten through page 15 so far, but the book has been keeping me laughing!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: Legal levity

Have you ever played Balderdash? In the game players complete the sentence of actual laughable law.

For example a game card would say: "In Flowery Branch, Georgia, it is against the law to holler..." and players then complete the sentence and try to fool each other into thinking that their response is the actual laughable law.

After reading that book I would think that you would be very good at fooling others and picking the correct answers.

(and by the way...In Flowery Branch, Georgia, it is against the law to holler "Snake" within city limits .)
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Comment

Re: Legal levity

Some of these laws have good reasons though.

For Eaxmple:

"In the state of West Virginia, its against the law to sneeze on a train."

I bet if this did happen, someone got offended that they were sneezed on, got in a fight with the sneezer or sneezers parents and they wound up going to court for it.

"In Waco, TX, its illegal to toss a banana peel on the streets because a horse could step on the peel and slip."

I can see that happening.

"People who make ugly faces at dogs in Oklahoma can be jailed or fined."

Who would want someone harassing their animals?

"You can't serve beer to a moose in Alaska."

This is because someone use to serve a moose a lot of beer. I read the story some where.

Some of the laws I can not explain like "It is illegal for a dog to molest a car LOL. But most stupid laws are explainable.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X