Clear All

• Nephythys
    replied
    bah!

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Going with my first thought of the thread title:

Try dressing up those patchy fur areas with a new outfit. Might I suggest a cute ballerina or princess dress? Or, if it's a boy bear, then either the doctor or biker outfits are cute.

Just drag it into your nearest Build-a-Bear for proper sizing.

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied
    LOL- very funny Rob- very funny!

Leave a comment:

• lashbear
    replied
    A Dead bear ? Oh Nephy... the live ones are much more fun to lie on top of...:devil:

OH!.... you mean like an animal bear..... my bad.

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied
    yeah- a guilt trip about a bear that has probably been dead longer than I have been alive. Just what I needed...

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Originally posted by Nephythys
    I have always wanted a bear skin rug- and now I have one. A neighbor is moving and they had one- a polar bear no less, and I got him for a great deal.

He's not in perfect shape-he has some tears in his pelt. His head is in excellent condition all things considered but needs some TLC. I am going to need to take off the lining and make a new one.

Does anyone know anything about cleaning these type of thing? Or anything pertaining to caring for a animal pelt?

Thanks for any advice.

Too bad you can't ask the polar bear that was killed to get it.

Leave a comment:

• jsmith157
    replied
    My dad's house looks like Gaston's place with all of the fur and antlers. What I've seen him do when something gets a little worn is take it into the local taxidermist. Usually they can patch up spots that were damaged.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    Rent one of those movies where a couple nuzzles in front of a stone hearth and see what they do with the rug.

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    started a topic I bought a bear- now what?

I bought a bear- now what?

I have always wanted a bear skin rug- and now I have one. A neighbor is moving and they had one- a polar bear no less, and I got him for a great deal.

He's not in perfect shape-he has some tears in his pelt. His head is in excellent condition all things considered but needs some TLC. I am going to need to take off the lining and make a new one.

Does anyone know anything about cleaning these type of thing? Or anything pertaining to caring for a animal pelt?

Thanks for any advice.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X