Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

New Disney Inspired Roses from Jackson and Perkins

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Disney Inspired Roses from Jackson and Perkins

A few years ago I was looking for the Disneyland Rose which can be found in the park. I contacted the creators and sellers of the rose, Jackson and Perkins and ended up on their mailing list. Just the other day I got their new catalog in the mail and low and behold there are new Disney Inspired Roses for sale.

The 3 new roses are inspired by Disney Princesses Snow White, Aurora, and Belle. You can see all 3 here on their website.

Jackson and Perkins Disney Princess Rose Collection.

I am thinking about getting my mom one for Mother's Day like I did with the Disneyland Rose a few years ago.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 01-26-2010, 01:40 AM.

Re: New Disney Inspired Roses from Jackson and Perkins

oh!! and i need at least one new rose bush for my front yard, thanks for the info!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

OOOO, Love's Kiss and Fairest One are gorgeous!

Can anyone tell me...can these roses grow in a pot? I'd love to have a couple of rose bushes...but, since we move frequently...I'd like to be able to take them with me.

Comment

I have grown roses in pots since I live in an apartment. Just have to water them more often than when they are in the ground. I also took them inside during the winter since it gets cold and snows where I live.

Comment

My Disneyland rose is in a pot, and I even have a few shrub type roses in pots (Burgundy Iceberg).

The new ones look lovely!

Comment

thank you both SO much! I LOVE roses...and would LOVE to have Disney inspired roses. But, since we live on base...I'm not sure if they'd let me plant any in the ground. Now that I know they can live in pots, I will give it a shot.

Of course, I still have my black thumb to contend with.

Comment

We have a Disneyland Rose in a pot as well and have roses planted in the ground in our front yard. We generally avoid pink roses and go for the red, purple, and orange ones. The more fragrant the better!

Of the three new roses, I like the Snow White.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

These are gorgeous, and I love the names...

("Fairest One" ? Who are they kidding...? )

Our Disneyland Rose is beautiful, and I would love to add these three to the garden this Winter.

THANK YOU for including the link!
                "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Stitchy, also pay attention to the type and eventual size of each rose: the floribunda (Beauty Within) is a smaller bush, but will produce more flowers at once (that's just floribundas) The other two are Hybrid teas and larger bushes. They will need larger pots to thrive. I don't remember where you live right now, but make sure your weather is appropriate too. Plants in pots are more vulnerable to both heat and cold, and need more frequent watering. You might already know all this, if so I apologize. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                    Stitchy, also pay attention to the type and eventual size of each rose: the floribunda (Beauty Within) is a smaller bush, but will produce more flowers at once (that's just floribundas) The other two are Hybrid teas and larger bushes. They will need larger pots to thrive. I don't remember where you live right now, but make sure your weather is appropriate too. Plants in pots are more vulnerable to both heat and cold, and need more frequent watering. You might already know all this, if so I apologize. :-)
                    No! Please, keep the info coming! I was serious about having a black thumb. I kill everything. So, I need all the help I can get.

I live in Oklahoma, so it gets rather cold here. But, I do have a garage..and it stays a decent temp. I could always move the pot in there when the temp drops.

Is there a certain rose you would suggest? I like the Fairest One....I'm partial to the darker reds and pinks.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilQueen View Post
                      These are gorgeous, and I love the names...

("Fairest One" ? Who are they kidding...? )

Our Disneyland Rose is beautiful, and I would love to add these three to the garden this Winter.

THANK YOU for including the link!
                      I ordered mine today; 3 of each... (Nine total!)

I'll have my own 'bumper crop of Princesses' in the garden by Summer!
                      "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

we want pictures!!!!!

Comment

Is the Disneyland rose the one that's mainly in Fantasyland that's pink with the darker pink spots/lines? If so, I love those!

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                            Is the Disneyland rose the one that's mainly in Fantasyland that's pink with the darker pink spots/lines? If so, I love those!
                            Here is a picture of my mother's Disneyland rose from a few years ago.

Comment

Thank you SOOOO much for starting this thread! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to get my mom for her birthday in two weeks. Today, my daughter mentioned sending her flowers, then I remembered how much she liked the Gardenia bush I sent her a few years ago....and how it's still alive, and she's STILL enjoying it.

When, tada! Your thread hit a chord! A DisneyLand rose bush would be perfect!!!! She loves Disney and loves growing flowers! Thanks MB!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X