Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Just curious as to see who all has participated or is planning to participate in Disneyland's / Disney Worlds latest promotion? Ms. Oogie and I are currently making blankets for the homeless for it. It's for a good cause and I get to use the voucher for the Gumball Rally.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  • #2
    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    The problem I have with this is the charities I work for isn't part of the program. I raise guide dogs for Guide Dogs of the Desert and service dogs for Summit Assistance Dogs, more than 1 day. It's a good idea though...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

      Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
      The problem I have with this is the charities I work for isn't part of the program. I raise guide dogs for Guide Dogs of the Desert and service dogs for Summit Assistance Dogs, more than 1 day. It's a good idea though...
      i dont know anyone who has done it yet.

      but I like what you do knittingknerd

      Orlando doing good
      http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

      www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
      Princess of Randomness

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

        We volunteered at a park a few weeks ago for about three hours. A co-worker of mine and her family of four also did the same. There was well over a hundred Disney Voluntears there that day.

        We've already printed up our six vouchers and are getting ready to head to the Park!

        Easy money!!! :lol:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

          @piratemickey. how long did it take for you to get the tickets? i have signed up for a day to clean the beaches but we are planning to go within 2 weeks and i just wanted to know if that was enough time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

            I am volunteering next week at a park here in sf. im doing it with my friend and partner.

            to everyone else who volunteered in a park: what was it like? im not super handy with yard work and im nervous my ineptitude will show when im there.

            haha, i wanted to work with kids, but since i work at a school anyway i had to work during all the available times anyway.
            "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

            http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

              I thought the promotion to get a day at the park admission was over.
              Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
              Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                it is, but if you signed up before it ended then youre stlll part of the first 1 million.
                "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

                http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                  Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                  Just curious as to see who all has participated or is planning to participate in Disneyland's / Disney Worlds latest promotion? Ms. Oogie and I are currently making blankets for the homeless for it. It's for a good cause and I get to use the voucher for the Gumball Rally.
                  hey that's exactly what we're doing! we're making blankets and using the voucher for the gumball rally!!
                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                    Originally posted by jillmcpeek View Post
                    @piratemickey. how long did it take for you to get the tickets? i have signed up for a day to clean the beaches but we are planning to go within 2 weeks and i just wanted to know if that was enough time.








                    We got the email with the tix attached within a week of the voluntear event.

                    Just print them up and go!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                      Originally posted by micahglitters View Post
                      I am volunteering next week at a park here in sf. im doing it with my friend and partner.

                      to everyone else who volunteered in a park: what was it like? im not super handy with yard work and im nervous my ineptitude will show when im there.








                      VERY easy!

                      The chores vary from picking up trash with one of those handheld claw things to raking leaves and pruning bushes.

                      The park supplied the gloves, tools, bottled water and plenty of snacks.

                      All that plus free tix to DL!

                      What more could you ask for!!! :thumbup:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                        We did it. We gave blood! We do a lot of volunteering, but have never given blood. Too squeamish! But, the GAD GAD program gave us an opportunity to overcome our nervousness and try it. I don't think my husband will do it again, he was so nervous his blood pressure shot up and he almost was disqualified!! But I found it to be easier than I expected, and will probably do it again in the future, which, I guess, was the point of the program. To get people out and doing something they normally wouldn't do!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                          We're registered and confirmed and in the process of making our blankets for people in distress. We wanted something my son could do, and it was difficult finding programs that accepted 7 year olds.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                            Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                            VERY easy!

                            The chores vary from picking up trash with one of those handheld claw things to raking leaves and pruning bushes.

                            The park supplied the gloves, tools, bottled water and plenty of snacks.

                            All that plus free tix to DL!

                            What more could you ask for!!! :thumbup:

                            awesome! so i can do good without learning a new trade! haha, bangin! thanks so much!

                            i cant wait to go to disneyland!!!
                            "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

                            http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

                              We tried but the company didn't get back to us and now the program is closed.
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X