Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

    OK, I have to admit, I turn 50 later this month..... But still, seeing the ACTUAL Card....

    I was planning to sign up, mainly to get discounts at Motel 6 (Honeymoon in June), and the fee isn't bad, 1 year is $16, 3 years is $43 and 5 years is $63, but still....

    Guess I need to head to the swap meet soon and get one of those caps that says "Where is my SENIOR discount?".....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  • #2
    Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

    You don't look a day over 60.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

      Originally posted by aashee View Post
      You don't look a day over 60.
      Thanks for the comment.... OLD MAN! (How much gray is in that avatar????) And don't try and claim that the beautiful young lady besides you is your SISTER.....
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

        Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
        Thanks for the comment.... OLD MAN! (How much gray is in that avatar????) And don't try and claim that the beautiful young lady besides you is your SISTER.....
        If AARP saw my beard I'd be getting flyers in the mail. Just 5 minutes, just for men? Pfft, I'm too lazy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

          AARP? That just means you're an old fart who now gets some sweet discounts. Good on ya.
          Just countin' the days til the next visit!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

            After the shock wears off...the discounts are great! Welcome to the Club!
            Originally posted by migo
            I poop with joy!
            Best Quote...EVER!!!


            Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

              Originally posted by aashee View Post
              You don't look a day over 60.
              Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
              Thanks for the comment.... OLD MAN! (How much gray is in that avatar????) And don't try and claim that the beautiful young lady besides you is your SISTER.....
              Did someone say over 60? I resemble that remark. When I turned 50 (long ago), I didn't join, because my wife was already a member. And the hotel discounts aren't any better than the ones we get through AAA.

              You guys crack me up.
              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

                Be proud that you have been lucky enough to live that long.

                Some of my friends didn't.
                sigpic

                This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

                  Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                  OK, I have to admit, I turn 50 later this month..... But still, seeing the ACTUAL Card....

                  I was planning to sign up, mainly to get discounts at Motel 6 (Honeymoon in June), and the fee isn't bad, 1 year is $16, 3 years is $43 and 5 years is $63, but still....

                  Guess I need to head to the swap meet soon and get one of those caps that says "Where is my SENIOR discount?".....

                  I am 52, man, I still remember my 50th birthday party. Time goes by fast!
                  I signed up for AARP. It is a good deal. Both the Wifeepoo and I are on it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

                    AARP?

                    Welcome to my world...





                    sigpic

                    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

                      My Bf didn't really want one, so I paid for the max time for him. Then he lost the card.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

                        Motel 6?
                        Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                        Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I got my AARP Card in the mail today.... YIKES!

                          Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          OK, I have to admit, I turn 50 later this month..... But still, seeing the ACTUAL Card....

                          I was planning to sign up, mainly to get discounts at Motel 6 (Honeymoon in June), and the fee isn't bad, 1 year is $16, 3 years is $43 and 5 years is $63, but still....

                          Guess I need to head to the swap meet soon and get one of those caps that says "Where is my SENIOR discount?".....
                          don't forget to invest in a dozen T-shirts that say "OLD GUYS RULE"
                          Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                          Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                          Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Darkbeer updates on Fridays

                            May I ask, will you be doing the Friday updates or are you on to other things now ?
                            --
                            http://www.bewaterwise.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Darkbeer updates on Fridays

                              Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                              May I ask, will you be doing the Friday updates or are you on to other things now ?
                              He's too old for that now.
                              Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                              Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                              Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X