X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK "love" story....

Yahoo!

Above is the link to a story about john f kennedy's love affiar to a swedish woman.
    I am livid after watching this.
    Not only do they treat it as a love story but they mention several times that he was married during most of this affiar.

So this is okay?

I dont understand how people think this is romantic or speaical in any way. He was cheating on his wife. The woman he vowed to love and cherish? Just becuase he was a great man politically, it can justify's his actions?
    Just goes to show how much we value marriage...
    Idk this makes me angry.....

What are your thoughts? Am I over reacting? How do you see this?

Re: JFK "love" story....

Ummm. I don't care. He is (was) an adult, and his sex life is none of my business.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I cannot watch the video just yet, but the interest in these would be their continued romanticism coming from a man who is to have had many extramarital affairs.

Comment

I'm with Sambo on this one.
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
          Ummm. I don't care. He is (was) an adult, and his sex life is none of my business.
          I am not really upset over the man its more of the value of morals that are behind it but i see you point.

It was how they treated his affiar like a love story and not for what it was. an affiar.

Comment

I agree with Sambo on this too. But it's amazing how the media romanticizes affairs just look at Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn, Sinatra and Ava Gardner, JFK and Marilyn Monroe and many, many others in history.

One thing to remember is that everybody is human and makes mistakes, that is why it is never a good idea to put someone on a pedestal.
            "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

I'm not cool with the discount put on marriage in the media. Who i really feel for was Jackie O. She had to put up with it and just keep smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by winder*wonder View Post
                Just goes to show how much we value marriage...
                What are your thoughts? Am I over reacting? How do you see this?

Marriage is just a piece of paper, it doesn't define your relationship. It's a joke anymore, especially given the rules that have been created to keep people who love each other from getting married to one another. But that's an entirely different debate of course.

Comment

No, it isn't "just a piece of paper". Anyone who goes into it with that mindset will probably end up cheating too. Nor is it a joke. IMO it should be available to everyone, but as you said, that is an entirely different debate.

I don't understand the fascination with JFK's sex life, and as Sambo said, I don't care. Dissect his political career, examine his presidency, fine. That's all relevant to history and everyone's business.

As a nation, we should spend less time worrying about who is doing what to whom in private, and worry more about what they might be doing to us, right out in the open, while we are distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                    No, it isn't "just a piece of paper". Anyone who goes into it with that mindset will probably end up cheating too. Nor is it a joke. IMO it should be available to everyone, but as you said, that is an entirely different debate.
                    I respect your opinion and whole heartingly disagree, I've seen many successful relationships both hetero and homosexual that were successful with the people being involved never having been married. I would also like for you to back up your claim that people with that mindset will probably end up cheating. (With links to credible statistics if you please) I never have, because I don't believe that the piece of paper that declares my significant other and I married defines our relationship, how we work together to strengthen our relationship and our bond has nothing to do with what the world believes it should be, as marriage (other than the financial gains) is nothing more than a piece of paper as defined by society as is dictated.

BTW My parents were married for over 27 years when my father died, so there's success on both ends of this spectrum.

How about this angle. Do you need a contract binding you to your children? You love them unconditionally don't you? You don't need a license to know they are your children do you? Marriage isn't a joke, its supposed to be a respected institution between two people but at the end of the day if we (my boyfriend and I) decide to never go through with it, that doesn't mean we will never be successful in our relationship, that's just crazy talk.

Comment

I never said that you can't have a successful relationship without that "piece of paper". But if you do enter into a marriage and you regard it as nothing but a piece of paper, you're probably treating it much too lightly and don't be surprised if one of both parties end up cheating and the marriage fails. I don't mean you personally, I'm using 'you' in a general sense. I've known a lot of people who felt the same as you and a lot who didn't. Some ended up marrying, some did not. And of course this is anecdotal and not a 'study' but the majority of those who thought it was just a piece of paper ended up moving on. It's the commitment and frame of mind behind the piece of paper, not the piece itself. There's a sense of permanence in that commitment, (not necessarily accurate) and that often makes people reluctant. That reluctance may signify underlying misgivings about the whole relationship. (again, I don't mean you personally)

You can't compare the relationship between parent and child to that of two adults. That's more absurd than apples and oranges.

I'm not saying people must get married, and I'm not saying that they even should. What my point is that there is a commitment involved with going the legal route that is lacking in any other relationship.

btw...I love your photos in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                        I never said that you can't have a successful relationship without that "piece of paper". But if you do enter into a marriage and you regard it as nothing but a piece of paper, you're probably treating it much too lightly and don't be surprised if one of both parties end up cheating and the marriage fails. I don't mean you personally, I'm using 'you' in a general sense. I've known a lot of people who felt the same as you and a lot who didn't. Some ended up marrying, some did not. And of course this is anecdotal and not a 'study' but the majority of those who thought it was just a piece of paper ended up moving on. It's the commitment and frame of mind behind the piece of paper, not the piece itself. There's a sense of permanence in that commitment, (not necessarily accurate) and that often makes people reluctant. That reluctance may signify underlying misgivings about the whole relationship. (again, I don't mean you personally)

You can't compare the relationship between parent and child to that of two adults. That's more absurd than apples and oranges.

I'm not saying people must get married, and I'm not saying that they even should. What my point is that there is a commitment involved with going the legal route that is lacking in any other relationship.

btw...I love your photos in your sig.
                        LOL Fair enough, I can agree with your most of your statements, I was misinterpreting your angle regarding the topic. I appreciate the clarification. I was speaking more towards the "strength" of a relationship whereas you are focusing on the "contractual" aspects of it.

And thanks about the photos.

Comment

JFK has been dead too long for me to care about who he was shagging back then. It's no secret that he loved his share of women.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                            Agreed with this comment. As my mom says "I don't care who they screw, as long as they don't screw me over."

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                              I'm not cool with the discount put on marriage in the media. Who i really feel for was Jackie O. She had to put up with it and just keep smiling.
                              How many discussions did you have with Jackie on this subject? What evidence do you have that she "had to put up with it and just keep smiling" as opposed to knowing what was going on - didn't care - and was perfectly secure in her relationship?

I think maybe you are projecting how you would feel in this relationship, the private details of which you no nothing about.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X