This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're a child of the 80's

I decided as a child of the 80's to bring up a thread in which those who grew up in the 80's to reminisce of all things 80's.

For instance...Did anyone own a pair of Jelly shoes? I will admit I owned a couple of jelly shoes..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Re: You know your a child of the 80's

Or have one of those shirts or shorts which changed color with the temp?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I had a scratch and sniff shirt. >.>
      MEOW.

Comment

Originally posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
        I had a scratch and sniff shirt. >.>

I guess that's better than scratch and sniff underwear!

Oh, how about those swimsuits that changed patterns, when they got wet. OR was that in the 90's
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

It was banana scented. And I had a color changing shirt. And Jelly shoes. But I'm a 90s kid.
          MEOW.

Comment

Anyone guilty of wearing Biker shorts in either solid colors or neon colors
            "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

or disney have good afternoon cartoons... duck tales woo woo.

Comment

Or grew up with Punky Brewster?

Comment

had to shop at Zody's with your mom. Ever ate at Pup N Taco!

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandkitty View Post
                    or disney have good afternoon cartoons... duck tales woo woo.
                    God. I just got that song out of my head...now I'm singing it again.

this is just like when I was singing Goof Troop and I saw Maxx yesterday. I started singing waiting in line.
                    MEOW.

Comment

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
                      Anyone guilty of wearing Biker shorts in either solid colors or neon colors
                      Yep I had some of those. And some Mickey shirts and a mickey sweater.

Comment

Playing the original NES as a kid.
                        Watching Transformers, G.I. Joe, He-Man and Votron as a kid.
                        "You are watching FOX"

Comment

You remember when Mr. Roger's house was painted that horrid pastel shade of blue.

You know what Big Bird is referring to when he says "Just because".

Tron was not just a movie, but a killer frisbee game played at recess.

You had every Garbage Pail Kids card ever released.

You preferred the first "Ghostbusters" cartoon, the one with the gorilla named Tracy.

You could play the "Axel F" theme on the piano.

You were considered "rad" when you got the adapter that allowed your Colecovision to play your friend's Atari games.

T&C Surf Designs was your t-shirt of choice.

"Mecha-lecha-hi-mecha-chawnee-ho" and your wish is granted.

You know why San Dimas High School football rules.

You are down with the 'Noid.

You eagerly tore open the Sears catalog and lusted over the new "open-belly rescue" Taun-Taun.

Taking the seat off your Big Green Machine and riding bareback was living on the ragged edge of disaster.

You still know how to get Play-Doh out of shag carpet and not leave a trace behind to incriminate yourself.

When it came to choosing a playground persona, the best choices were Lion-o, Optimus Prime, Megatron, or Luke Skywalker.

When ever you saw a Dodge Charger (or any car of any color that looked even remotely like it), you always said "I hope Boss Hogg ain't around".

You had a shirt that read "my parents went to Las Vegas and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".

You had a lunchbox that featured Thundarr the Barbarian, Voltron, Battle of the Planets, Holly Hobby, Strawberry Shortcake, or Rainbow Brite.

You peeled the stickers off of your Rubix Cube and put them back in the right order, just to make your parents think you were a genius.

Your pants were brown or dark blue cordouroy, and you had iron-on patches repairing the blown-out knees.

You had a mushroom-cap haircut at least once.

You always said when you were old enough, you would buy a van just like B.A., and you would pity the fool who didn't have such a cool ride.

You remember the D.A.R.E assemblies in school, and watching Nancy Reagan telling you to 'just say no'.

You vividly remember exactly where you where and what you were doing when you heard the Space Shuttle had blown up.

"Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high" had more influence on you than most other poetry you had heard or read, but you don't have to take my word for it.

Your room was decorated with posters of the influential hair bands of the day, like Guns 'n Roses, RATT, Slayer, Motley Crue, or others.

You remember the typewriters in your type class being replaced with computers, the ones that had the green or amber screens.

You never actually made it across the Oregon Trail, despite carrying 1000 pounds of food, 500 pounds of bullets, having 20 oxen, and 10 spare wagon wheels.

TGIF meant spending time with Larry and Balki, Mr. Belvedere, Webster, and many other dear friends.

You know who Gordon Shumway is, and what he loves to eat.

Your friends never could decide who was cooler: Hulk Hogan, or Andre the Giant.

You can do the Wave, the Caterpillar, and a Baby Freeze, and you can pop and lock better than Grandmaster Flash.

You walked like an Egyptian while you walked the dinosaur.

You found that you could hold the zapper right against the TV screen, and get every duck on every screen, and not have the dog laugh at you.

You shopped for new shoes at places called Kinney's, Payless, or K-mart, for brands called "Buster Brown", "Roos", and "Keds".

You had a theory that D.J. Tanner would someday start dating Ricky Stratton.

You know what Willis was talking about.

(all of these come from my personal experience as a child of the 80's.) :blush:

Comment

I owned jelly shoes and the jelly bracelets. :thumbup:

I also remember getting the She-Ra castle for Christmas and it was the coolest thing EVER!

Comment

Popples!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X