This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork chops and applesauce

I have a question. Last night for dinner I had a pork chop with applesauce on the side. And also a baked potato.

I've grown up assuming that you are supposed to eat pork chops with applesauce. I don't know if it's always been that way or if it was invented by Peter Brady.

But the thing is, how are you supposed to eat this? Is the applesauce supposed to be eaten seperately as a side dish? Or smothered on top of the pork chop? Or are you supposed to dip the pork chop into the applesauce?

In all of my years when I have eaten pork chops I've always thought about this. And a general consensus of what you all think would be great. Thanks to all in advance!

Re: Pork chops and applesauce

I know I was raised that you must have pork chops, applesauce but with rice as the carbo and corn as the veggie. As a matter of fact that is what we are having tonight.

Sometimes I dip my chop in the applesauce and other times I just eat it separately. I have seen Timmy cover his chop in applesauce and other times not. So my opinion is that as long as you have your chop and sauce together, any way you eat it is fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I had rice on Friday and corn tonight. I guess I'm still having those sides, just a little spread out over a few days!

Comment

I'm not sure. I don't eat pork. When I make pork chops for the dogs they just have carrots and toasted oats with it.

I know Robert does not have applesauce on his, because I never buy applesauce for the house. I think he just eats it..

Comment

My husband doesn't eat pork, but I love it. Applesauce is definitely great with pork chops. My mom used to serve it to us, but it was always after the meal.

So, is that chunky or regular applesauce? Since applesauce now comes in so many different varieties, you could have fruit flavored applesauce on your plate. Now I would serve that applesauce with brown rice, and a green vegetable. That is a better meal for those of us needing to eat more fiber, and applesauce provides some of that.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

That was regular applesauce. If it had fruit in it I don't think it would taste good mixed with the pork.

So it looks like most people eat it seperately from the pork chops?

Comment

When I have pork chops, applesauce is in little cups (Mott's single serving on the side), but always with rice and gravy. Sometimes I don't even have the applesauce, but the rice is always a must.
              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I make pork chops with mushroom sauce and then cut up the pork chops and dip them in apple sauce. I don't have any idea why I do this but its good tasting to me. My kids dip pork chop pieces into mash potatoes then into apple sauce.

Comment

I love dipping pork chops in apple sauce unless the husband grills the pork chops. Then I dip them in BBQ sauce.

Comment

Hmm, I grew up eating pork chops and mashed potatoes and squash - the squash cooked in a tomato sauce till its all mushy and eaten with the mashed potatoes. I have never eaten pork chops and applesauce.
                    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

2 reasons I'd dipt he chops in applesause. 1. I don't have BBQ. 2. the chops are dry.

I love good chops though, prefer them thin

Comment

i've always thought that pork chops and applesauce is an icky combination, blech
                        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                        -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                        Originally posted by pratt55
                        Elly is adorkable.

Comment

David- did you pork n dip?*giggle* sorry I had to ask. And I really don't like applesauce so I would omit it completely.

Comment

I grew up eating pork chops without applesauce..although one of these days I have to try it w/applesauce..I've heard it tastes good (which I don't doubt it)
                            "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Whenever we have pork chops for dinner we always have applesauce. I always dip my pork chops in the apple sauce. I top my applesauce with a little bit of ground cinnamon. It gives it a little more flavor.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X