This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinions on Snow

If you have it, do you like it? If you don't, would you want it? Does it make the perfect holiday season or is it just a pain?

In my area of the world, I don't get it, but I do enjoy it. I get to go up to the mountains every couple of years and love to see it. I think if I had a choice I'd like to have it snow in my town, but just enough to blanket everything and to have some fun, not to have more work.

Re: Your Opinions on Snow

Just because it said "Mike" does not mean I wrote it.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

I like the concept of snow, I like to visit it, but I dunno if I'd wanna live in an area that gets it. You know, the whole living in it all the time, driving in it, all that stuff. The one time I like it is when I happen to be at a Winter Olympics so in February 2010 I'll want there to be some in Vancouver.

Comment

I love it and hate it. It sucks to drive, it sucks to shovel, it becomes a slushy mess. But it is beautiful when it falls and everything is glistening like crystal It wouldn't be winter without it
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I have a real love hate relationship with the snow.

If it were not for snow I wouldn't have a job. But if I didn't have snow I wouldn't have to worry about having a 4x4, I wouldn't have to shovel, I wouldn't have to freeze my a$$ of, I wouldn't have to slide down my driveway, and most of all I wouldn't have to deal with all the freaking tourists.

Like I said though, without snow I wouldn't have the job I do now, our town would be EVEN smaller, and snow does look damn pretty the day after it comes down on a crystal clear freezing morning where there is nary a cloud in the sky but it can be very daunting when it is a blizzard with snowfall rates of 8+ inches per hour and winds gusting to over 50mph at my house and 100+ on the summit ... it's all about perspective.
          Originally posted by drunkmom
          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy
            If you have it, do you like it? If you don't, would you want it? Does it make the perfect holiday season or is it just a pain?

In my area of the world, I don't get it, but I do enjoy it. I get to go up to the mountains every couple of years and love to see it. I think if I had a choice I'd like to have it snow in my town, but just enough to blanket everything and to have some fun, not to have more work.

We get a good amount of snow down here and the road gets icy. Very few people on our old street had 4 wheel drive (but we did) so when some lady was pulling out, the car slid and hit the mail box that we just had repaired from when another car hit it months back. lol

Comment

Snow is good for christmas, mountain tops, and getting days off of where ever, bad for everything else....
              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Orhan Pamuk is one of my favorite authors, I'm about 2/3 through it and enjoying it emensely, I love how its a love story trapped in the political and cultural quagmire of eastern Turkey, complete with Kurdish seperatists, political islamists, and old school communists. Awsome read.

Comment

I love snow...........in December and January. It is so beautiful and fun. It really adds to all the holiday spirit. Personally, I can't imagine having a winter without snow. However, I do not like snow in February, March and April. A white Christmas is wonderful.........a white Easter...not so much.

-Michael
                  “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                    We get a good amount of snow down here and the road gets icy. Very few people on our old street had 4 wheel drive (but we did) so when some lady was pulling out, the car slid and hit the mail box that we just had repaired from when another car hit it months back. lol
                    I know how that goes ... we have replaced 6 mailboxes in the time we've lived here.
                    Originally posted by drunkmom
                    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I like it, but if they even say flurries around here everyone has to sprint to the store and buy up all the milk and bread in all the stores! :lol:

BDK
                      Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                      Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

I'd like to make it crystal clear that I love snow both in the scenic and recreational senses. Anyone that doesn't is missing out - and they don't know how to chill.
                        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-26-2005, 01:19 AM.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Love snow and get snow.
                          Amanda
                          Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

Originally posted by MiceMan
                            I have a real love hate relationship with the snow.

If it were not for snow I wouldn't have a job. But if I didn't have snow I wouldn't have to worry about having a 4x4, I wouldn't have to shovel, I wouldn't have to freeze my a$$ of, I wouldn't have to slide down my driveway, and most of all I wouldn't have to deal with all the freaking tourists.

Like I said though, without snow I wouldn't have the job I do now, our town would be EVEN smaller, and snow does look damn pretty the day after it comes down on a crystal clear freezing morning where there is nary a cloud in the sky but it can be very daunting when it is a blizzard with snowfall rates of 8+ inches per hour and winds gusting to over 50mph at my house and 100+ on the summit ... it's all about perspective.
                            I agree. Although snow has nothing to do with my job. I don't even have a job...lol...but anyway, I love snow for some reasons and hate it for others.

Comment

I could live my entire life without living with snow - which is why I live in southern California. ) Only time I wish for it is Christmas Eve, but I'll forgo that to not have to deal with the rest of the year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X