This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite Halloween Candy?

With Halloween just around the corner, and today's news about the fat content in a meal at McDonald's, what better topic for a thread than candy.

Every year, my husband goes out and purchases bags and bags of candy bars. I used to pick out all my favorites, hoping that the kids, trick or treating, would be lite and we would have some "good" candy left over. Of course, I always ate a whole lot before the kids and the day actually came.

Since I am presently too big for my britches, we have put off buying our Halloween Candy until Sunday. I am making sure this year, that we only buy the candy I don't like.

When I was a kid, it was the Halloween kisses, with the peanut butter in the middle. Wrapped up in the orange and black paper. Then of course, anything chocolate. I loved smarties. Hollaway suckers. You know the caramel ones. Then of course Reeses peanut butter. I also loved the candy corn. People use to throw it in the bag loose. Favorite lollipops, of course were Tootsie Roll Pops. My sister loved the Red licorice. Then we got the little dotted candy on the paper.

These days, I love Mounds Bars, and Kit Kat. I love anything coconut and caramel. I also adore semisweet chocolate.

Are you good to the Trick or Treaters?. Do you rot their teeth, with lots of chocolate, or are you health conscious and hand out non edible treats?

We always trick or treated as a family, and when we got home our mom always took all of our bags and sorted it out. Lollopops in one bowl. Kisses in another. Chocolate in another. She would monitor our candy intake better on days after Halloween better that way. Candy bowls were put up high, so we had to ask. So usually while we were Trick Or Treating, we ate as much of the good stuff as we could. We knew when we got home, it became community property.

I raised two boys and I always dumped theirs together in one big container and took out all the unwrapped candy, especially the loose candy corn and the gum. I too tried to limit their sugar after Halloween, but I admit it, I ate a lot of good candy that my kids Trick or Treated for.

So do you Trick or Treat with your kids? Do you perhaps have Halloween parties instead?

What is your favorite Halloween Candy?
    BarbaraAnn

Re: What's your favorite Halloween Candy?

I don't know why, but when I think halloween candy I think Kit Kats, and how much I hate people who give pennies.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

When I think of how many times, we have ran out of Halloween Candy on Halloween, and the only thing we had to give the many kids, that were still coming, was pennies. Well it is the reason today, why my husband always over buys on Halloween Candy. He hates to run out of candy. We always have a lot of Trick or Treaters, and since our grandson was born, my husband is the official "door bell answerer". He enjoys it, and he takes all left over candy to work, so I don't get too sick, from eating all the good stuff.

Halloween is always fun at our house.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Easy....Almond Joy Bars....and my kids hate coconut so they always give me all their Almond Joy and Mounds bars!!

Comment

KitKats, Butterfingers, Reese's, and Krackle.

Everything else....I don't really care for.

We never buy any candy. We're never home to answer the door!

Comment

You know I remember this time last year. I was alone on Halloween night because my folks were out of state for the weekend. I did not want to have to get up every two seconds so I placed the candy bowl outside even though the porch light was not working. Anyway, after trick or treating was done, I saw the bowl and it was still full!!! I guess no one saw it and did not bother to come to the door since the porch light was off. Anyway, I had a pretty good night that night)

Oha nd I like candy corn and Werthers Original

Comment

People in our neighborhood usually only trick or treat to the houses, where the lights are on, or where they see decorations.

I did the candy on the porch bit too, and candy was actually taken out. No one did the big "No No" which would be to take it all.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Tootsie Rolls

Comment

Kit Kats
                  Milky Way DARK
                  Special Dark
                  Butterfinger
                  Big Hunk

And for my candy dishes I always have Holiday M&M's! For Fall I also have candy corn and Hersheys Minatures(the special darks are mine though)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                    Big Hunk
                    The candy right? Or do you mean the Brawny paper towels guy?
                    :lol:

Comment

I love those Dum-Dums suckers, the kind that come in like every flavor known to man. Ahh, good stuff.
                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

My favorite Halloweem candy is last year's. I like to let it ferment like a fine wine.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
                          I love those Dum-Dums suckers, the kind that come in like every flavor known to man. Ahh, good stuff.
                          Mmmmmmmmmmmm Creme Soda Dum-Dums, that's good stuff man!!!

And GC.......:lol: I left myself open for that one.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Snickers ~ my favorite!

Nutrageous ~ close 2nd

Kit Kat

3 Muskateers

Reese Peanut Butter cups ~ the small ones with the ridges on the outside
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                              My favorite Halloweem candy is last year's. I like to let it ferment like a fine wine.
                              Reminds me I have to get rid of last years......always sits around for a while, OK a year. Favorite has to be Butterfingers, we'll see this year if I get any leftovers, usually do. Live on a cul-de-sac, so we don't see a lot of selfish candy grubbers!
                              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X