Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

penny pinch

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • penny pinch

    how many of you guys are feeling the penny pinch in this bad economy? me im feeling it alright and im learning as well because of this too. Now i find myself eating salads and oatmeal weight control because they are cheap and you save some money. So how are you guys handling this economy pinch? Now i gotta look for a second job. any advice on how to save money? thanks guys.

  • #2
    Re: penny pinch

    i'd say keep your spare change in a piggy bank, it will eventually add up! like for me i've been saving for 3 months now and i have over 60 dollars!
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: penny pinch

      I'm actually doing something kinda' weird. I'm spending money. There are certain stores that I want to be around after the economy issue, so I'm spending money there because I know others aren't. Places like the yarn shop (my local yarn shop in Laguna taught me how to knit, so I spend money at the one in my town because there's probably someone who wants to learn how to knit and the store is a great resource.) I spend at least $100 a month at (and my boxes of sock yarn show it). I'm also tipping better because I know other people aren't so...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: penny pinch

        Well what I'm doing is just saving money, in things such as food and neccessary items..thank god for costco..that has helped me in buying a lot while saving $$$.

        I try to no go out and eat out a lot espically at work, where I bring leftover food..which has save me some $$$ and of course when I go to the parks I try as hard as I can to NOT buy stuff at the parks (which is hard because I really want to buy a lot of things) and When I do go to the parks I do make sure to eat a fullfilling meal that way when we get hungery we go out to Jack or some other place besides the park and we won't waste too much$$$.
        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney





        Posts: 7,777 4x the Luck :yea:




        [

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: penny pinch

          What sucks for me is I have been cutting down trips to disneyland to once every other month which just sucks! I also have been buying and selling things on ebay and and swapmeets. I cant wait to get a better job that allows me to have weekends off! Then hopefully I can get back into the routine of going to the parks twice a month!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: penny pinch

            I have had to cut out anything that is not a necessity. Nothing out of the norm. And I hate it. The only good thing about cutting back is I actually got forced to see just how much money I wasted on a daily basis. We (the four of us) use to eat out every weekend. Now, if we are lucky it's once a month. And when we eat out, its coupon city and no soda drinks, diet or otherwise, we order water! No desert. Drop our dry cleaning to just one or two garments a month. I rarely fill up my gas tank as I hate putting money in the tank that I cannot spend on food. And finally, my form of entertainment is watching the alligator lizards in my backyard do push-ups.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: penny pinch

              coupons. I am the coupon queen.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: penny pinch

                Originally posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
                Drop our dry cleaning to just one or two garments a month.
                Have you tried any of those home dry-cleaning kits like Dryell? I've been using it for years and I love it. You toss 2-3 garments in the bag, toss in one of the cloths, then pop it in the dryer for 30 minutes. The heat from the dryer activates the cloth to clean/steam(ish) the garments & they come out smelling nice & wrinkle free.

                I've cut back my Starbucks intake by buying flavored coffee creamer at the store. Free coffee at work, so I just stick them in the fridge at the office and use that instead of the icky generic powdered creamer they buy at work. I just bought some white chocolate mocha flavored by International Delight for like $1.59 at Super Target. I can get like 10 cups of coffee out of that bottle, so 2 weeks of coffee for less than $2? yeah I'm liking that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: penny pinch

                  as of now im really careful on what to spend on food and clothes. im lucky i don't have to pay for the bigger bills like the rent for now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: penny pinch

                    Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                    What sucks for me is I have been cutting down trips to disneyland to once every other month which just sucks! I also have been buying and selling things on ebay and and swapmeets. I cant wait to get a better job that allows me to have weekends off! Then hopefully I can get back into the routine of going to the parks twice a month!

                    my pass is about to expired and it sucks im won't able to go to the parks. its going to be awhile before i go back to the parks again. this means im going to miss the wonderful color show. oh well. tough times. i feel you josh.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: penny pinch

                      Originally posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
                      I have had to cut out anything that is not a necessity. Nothing out of the norm. And I hate it. The only good thing about cutting back is I actually got forced to see just how much money I wasted on a daily basis. We (the four of us) use to eat out every weekend. Now, if we are lucky it's once a month. And when we eat out, its coupon city and no soda drinks, diet or otherwise, we order water! No desert. Drop our dry cleaning to just one or two garments a month. I rarely fill up my gas tank as I hate putting money in the tank that I cannot spend on food. And finally, my form of entertainment is watching the alligator lizards in my backyard do push-ups.

                      ohh alligator lizards during push ups. i would love to see that. lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: penny pinch

                        Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                        as of now im really careful on what to spend on food and clothes. im lucky i don't have to pay for the bigger bills like the rent for now.
                        I'm known as the "deal finder" as I seem to find the best sales and whatnot when I'm clothes shopping. All my friends always want to go shopping with me. The funny part is I don't always specifically look for these deals... half the time they just happen to fall in my lap (like the time I got a $60 blazer for $17.99). And with grocery shopping, I've started getting more of the store brand of some items. In most cases, the quality is the same (there are a few exceptions though) and the price is half that of the name brand.

                        One thing I won't skimp out on though is makeup because I need good stuff that won't break out my face.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: penny pinch

                          good point.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: penny pinch

                            I'm not really doing anything different, but we're already a family of 5 on a budget. I shop the grocery ads, stock up on meat when it's on sale (we have a 7 cu ft chest freezer)... I know where to get a 10 lb bag of potatoes for .89, and when bacon will be $2.50/lb (and where to get it for less). We eat really well, tri tip, pot roast, awesome marinated london broil. But I can stretch a 3 lb, $6 pot roast for almost a week.

                            I have two absolutely awesome thrift stores, haven't paid retail for a pair of jeans for myself or my 11 yo son in years, not even my two ultra tall pair (I'm 6', fairly thin, hard to fit). They came from the thrift store too. My ugg type boots, yoga pants, surfer t-shirts, my daughter's tap shoes, all came from the thrift store.
                            xo, Deanna

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: penny pinch

                              Originally posted by Deanna View Post
                              I'm not really doing anything different, but we're already a family of 5 on a budget. I shop the grocery ads, stock up on meat when it's on sale (we have a 7 cu ft chest freezer)... I know where to get a 10 lb bag of potatoes for .89, and when bacon will be $2.50/lb (and where to get it for less). We eat really well, tri tip, pot roast, awesome marinated london broil. But I can stretch a 3 lb, $6 pot roast for almost a week.
                              well i'm just gonna say, what i've learned from my nurtition class is that you really don't need to eat a lot of meat. usually people eat meat for the protein, but there's sooo many other places where you can find proteins instead of just from meat. beans, eggs (i think), and some other foods, that's just from the top of my head i don't have my book with me. so maybe cutting back on some of that meat could help on saving money
                              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                              Originally posted by penguinsoda

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X