Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Pleasant sounds at work

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant sounds at work

I'm currently sitting here at work -- today I'm working at the ESL Welcome Center.

Taking a lunch break, going through the posts, and what sounds do I start to hear? I hear the voice of Clarence "Ducky" Nash coming from the next room. And more familiar sounds -- gotta be the Clock Cleaners.

Finally, they're teaching these ESL students what they really need to know!

Goofy short is on now. He's working on the railroad today...
    -Tim

Re: Pleasant sounds at work

*laughs*

The only thing I hear here is my coworker from heck that sits next to me who farts, sings, hums and talks loud enough that an echo would be wasted on him.

Comment

Pleasant sounds at work? I have one, when the door closes behind my boss leaving for a meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
        Taking a lunch break, going through the posts, and what sounds do I start to hear? I hear the voice of Clarence "Ducky" Nash coming from the next room. And more familiar sounds -- gotta be the Clock Cleaners.
        That reminds me of when my daughter and I were in the Smithsonian American History Museum last winter while on vacation in DC. We were in an exhibit on the history of clocks (actually pretty interesting) when we heard some familiar music coming from the exhibit next door.

My daughter shouts "Steamboat Willie!!!!!!" and RUNS to the next room. There was a huge area dedicated to Walt!!! They had Steamboat Willie playing on a continuous loop, lots of animation, maps of Disneyland, original Mickey Mouse watches, oh, so many great things!

We sat down to watch Steamboad Willie and I noticed that my daughter was on the verge of tears. I asked her why she was sad and she said that she had been feeling homesick (her first vacation out of California) but being surrounded by Disney stuff and watching the movie reminded her of Disneyland so she felt like she was still at home.

The I started to cry! That, I think, is the genius of Walt Disney.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

The pleasant sounds at my work.

-Silence
          -When the boss says "I'm gonna be out of the office today at meetings"
          -The computer announcing it's 5:00pm (quitting time)
          -When my cell phone rings and it's my honey
          -The noise of people laughinh and having drinks from the martini bar downsatirs in the courtyard.
          "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. �
          Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

The most pleasent sound is the music coming from my earphones, drowning out every other work sound.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
              The most pleasent sound is the music coming from my earphones, drowning out every other work sound.
              Ditto...

But my favorite sound is the slam of the door behind me when I leave!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X