This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The micechaters you follow

So here is a total random its 1 am thought but do you ever try to create a mental picture of what the micechaters you follow actually look like based on the types of posts they make and their Avatar. I know I have been trying to do this for the longest time with ICe101 and Darkfairychultu (sorry no I slaughtered that spelling forgot to look before I started this silly me) being that they are 2 that I follow the most and it keeps changing! lol

Oh and sorry that I don't have and Avatar yet havn't figured out yet how to add it on there!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Re: The micechaters you follow

I'm mostly an RCMC'er (represent!), so I've seen pictures of almost all the people I regularly post with. With those I haven't, I just picture them as whatever was in their avatar when I first noticed them.

For example, you mentioned, ice101. I picture him as Mr. Potato Head. The only way this could be changed is if I saw a real picture of him (or anyone else this applies to)

To add an avatar, click Quick Links at the top, then User Control Panel, and then you can go to Edit Avatar in the sidebar.

Comment

Avatars definitely twist one's perception of a member, for sure. I fall victim to it ALL the time. That's why for me, Ride Warrior will always be a very attractive woman with a strange resemblance to Jessica Alba, even though I know this is not the case. ) This is why my avatar usually either shows my face or no face/person/character at all. Or I'll just ditch the whole avatar thing altogether.

I'll say this much: I think the Internet - nay, the world - would be a better place if every single post made on any site anywhere included a reasonably large, unaltered photo of the real person who posted it. Anonymity can wreak havoc.

Comment

That is definitely true. Anonymousness on the net is a huge problem.

Comment

No, I am not Jiminy Cricket, but I do have a huge crush on him. That's quite odd for someone who has a total fear of all creepy crawly things. I would say for the most part, MiceChatters don't put their pictures in their avatars. They instead express their personalities with visions of other things.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

On the internet you can be anyone, everyone, and still... no one.

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant "follow" literally!
              I wouldn't do that, at least not anymore (darn court order:judge but I digress..
              I follow certain folks that have great TR's, interesting technical knowledge of the parks or just seem to always make positve posts.

Comment

Represent!

But on a serious note...

I've been lucky to have been able to go to several meets and events over the years, and have personally met many MiceChatters. But for those I haven't met, I tend to build a visual of them in my mind, which I'm sure more often than not is totally wrong. And I don't follow any particular member(s)... as "staff" I'm actually all over the board watching all different places/people.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post

I'm actually all over the board watching all different places/people.
                  Gasp! i think I saw you outside my window last night! Cause I saw a Penguin, with soda, walking by!:lol: .

Comment

I have NO idea what you're talking about. I happen to look just like my avatar. Heehee.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                      Gasp! i think I saw you outside my window last night! Cause I saw a Penguin, with soda, walking by!:lol: .
                      Yup, that was me... keeping an eye on ya!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I follow people who are funny, can have great discussions and are wonderful people I've met in person. Avatars mean little, you have to earn being a good micechatter in my book. But, I'm pretty lenient looking at the people I hang around.

Comment

I'm hideous so I use an avatar to lessen the blow.
                          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            I follow people who are funny, can have great discussions and are wonderful people I've met in person. Avatars mean little, you have to earn being a good micechatter in my book. But, I'm pretty lenient looking at the people I hang around.
                            Wait... so you don't follow me?!

I'm one of the few that has my picture in my avatar. I just love the picture, so you all know what I look like (I'm a big white girl, who happens to be paler than her white lab.).

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                              Wait... so you don't follow me?!
                              I'm a debate lounge junkie. So I see you plenty.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X