Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a favorite Kinkade Disney Painting?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a favorite Kinkade Disney Painting?

My wife order a couple; Snow White and Cinderella.
    I commended her on her first choices (she will order two more later), it was sort of a surprise for me, all she told me a few weeks ago was .."I'm gonna need that wall for some Disney art I ordered".

I instantly fell in love with this one -

Do you have a favorite one?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Do you have a favorite Kinkade Disney Painting?

The Peter Pan one and the 50th castle one. I don't even really like Thomas Kinkade, but I would own those 2 if I had the chance.

Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 03-23-2010, 04:48 PM.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Kinkade's....his work seems a little too....happy for me. But, a few have caught my eye. That Snow White one is really pretty....I wish the evil queen was hiding in the corner somewhere...but, it's pretty nonetheless.

And the Cinderella Castle one inspired me to buy a print for my mom and postcard for myself.

Comment

I'm not a big Kinkade fan either, but I really like the 50th Anniversary one!

Comment

I like the 50th anniversary one and the Princess and the Frog one. I like them all quite a bit (well, except for the new Bambi one), but those two are my favorites.
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
            I'm not a big Kinkade fan either, but I really like the 50th Anniversary one!
            Me either, but I do have the 50th print that I got for a birthday gift from my SIL. I haven't framed it yet, but I figure it's significant since I was there on the anniversary that year. :ap:
            A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post

I would like this one a LOT better if it weren't for that guy in the jacket with the red, white, and blue Mickey on the back. I'm sorry -- it just reminds me of a biker even though I know it's not, and to me distracts from the mood of the painting. Oh... And the castle is a bit too short.

Comment

this is the one I liked...

Ooop, just checked out the Princess and the Frog picture....and I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  I would like this one a LOT better if it weren't for that guy in the jacket with the red, white, and blue Mickey on the back. I'm sorry -- it just reminds me of a biker even though I know it's not, and to me distracts from the mood of the painting. Oh... And the castle is a bit too short.
                  Come on, you know you have that jacket with the mickey head flag on the back. Also, that is the perfect proportion of our castle. It is short. Far shorter than any other castle.

Facebook me!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    If you look at the group in lower right .. that's Kinkades family.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

The Princess and the Frog one is cool, there are some other disney princesses in that one, too. But the one with Cinderella (with the castle and the rainbow) is my favorite.

I was really disappointed with the 50th Castle. He spent time in DL painting the original, there are some pictures of him painting part of it, right on Main Street. But he did it before the crowns were on the castle, so he really just used conceptual art for most of the castle.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Hmmm yah, can't say that I would own any of his paintings even if given the chance. Not my thing. Not denying his artistic talent. It's just so ho-hum on the wall.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          Hmmm yah, can't say that I would own any of his paintings even if given the chance. Not my thing. Not denying his artistic talent. It's just so ho-hum on the wall.
                          Yeah but they look so cool when you add a dimmer switch. lol

Facebook me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X