This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you again, blood donors!

Having spent nearly all of January and February in hospitals, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who has ever donated blood.

During that time, I nearly bled to death twice; and were it not for the twelve people who donated a pint of AB negative, or the countless people who donated platelets (it takes a lot to get two units worth of that stuff!), I would not be here today.

Re: Thank you again, blood donors!

Donating blood is always a good thing. :-)

I hope you're on the mend now, Wotan. Best wishes to you.

Comment

Glad you are able to post Wotan. I do donate and it's good to hear from people that benefit!

Comment

I'm happy to see that you're up to posting again, Wotan. I also donate. The person at the other end always seems sort of abstract so it is really nice to hear from someone who receives.

Comment

I donate as well. They sometimes hook me to the IV and machine to get ...whatever they are trying to get.

Comment

as much as i wish i could donate blood (i really do wish i could), i'm a blood fainter person, and i cannot stand the sight of needles. i give all you people who donate so much gratitude cause i wish i had the bravery you all have. if i could be knockout before giving blood i would seriously do it!
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

GummiBears, I'm sure that if you told them this when you went, they could work something out (like put a sheet or something up so you couldn't see), but whether you ever do it or not, thanks for the sentiment.

I wish I could donate too, as a thanks to all those who have in the past, but it's just not possible medically anymore. My father, who also had the same rarer blood type (AB-) had donated over 30 gallons by the time he died.

Again, it's very safe to say that without the numerous people (probably over 50) who donated, I would only be here with you folks in spirit!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X