This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telemarketers

What are the rules again... the hours they can call and what days. And if they hide their number. And what to say to get their information? I'm starting to get sick of this... there's no way that we have previous business or whatever with all these people. TIA.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Telemarketers

If it's political campaigns or surveys, those are not included on the do-not-call lists. I believe 9 pm is the latest they can call.

What I don't get are the pre-recorded political calls I've been getting lately. The last one was after 8 pm for Meg Whitman. Once I realize it's a recording I hang up. Do people actually sit and listen to those things?

Comment

Pretend to be interested and then get their info. Report them to make them stop.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Where do I report their info to?
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Get caller ID and don't answer. Problem solved.
          What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
            Get caller ID and don't answer. Problem solved.
            Already do that. But when they all early Sunday morning and wake me up, then there is a problem.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

I never get those calls. We put all our numbers on the do not call registry...we also don't have a home phone....so maybe that helps.

However, even when we had a home phone I kept it unplugged ...I hate to hear ringing phones. My cell phone ringer is rarely on.

Comment

Get Caller I.D., then you can buy a machine that you can program to hang up certain phone numbers even before it rings. The machines run from $30 dollars on up, and they do the job! Best advice for all, if you can avoid having a home phone number, do it. If you need to have one, don't connect a phone to it at all, just connect one of those machines that catches and records messages as they come.

Comment

There's also a nastier alternative...go to a marine supply store and get one of those "air horn-in-a-can" jobs, and wait until a real person starts talking...it's not exactly cricket, but it will get your message across.

Comment

Here's my personal favorite.

Or you can always try:

This one,

This little number,

This one's pretty funny too!

But seriously.

--KAN

Comment

I have a problem because I'm a daysleeper/ nightworker, and I need to keep the phone next to me (I'm on the emergency team, so I need to be able to hear the phone, get the phone, and out of bed be at work in under 20 minutes). So over the summer I nearly had insomnia due to the sheer amount they'd call. I'd be nice and ask them to take my number off the list, that I work nights and I'm not calling them up at two am, list goes on. As soon as we got on the "Do not call list" it was worse... Right now it's fairly calm, and I keep the phone outside my room. Family members can wake me up if there's something...

Comment

I don't have a land line, so that's a big help. When I did have one though, my number was unpublished. I also signed up on the do not call list. But sometimes I get random calls where they're looking for the people who used to have my cell number before me (a couple named Fernando & Georgina). I used to get a ton of calls for them, but thankfully they've tapered off over the last 10 years.

These days, if someone calls my cell phone and I don't recognize the number on the caller ID, I just let it go to voicemail. If it's really important, they'll leave a message. 99% of the time, they don't.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X