Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ever feel like you dont belong with your peers?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever feel like you dont belong with your peers?

well, trick or treating was fun, i got a huge pillowcase of candy only problem was i didnt have anyone to go with because i dont have that many good freinds from school, i dont feel like i really belong with them but for some reason i still feel a little lonely... basically everybody knows me and knows my name but for some reason after that they go back with theyre smaller sub- groups, i dont get why but i cant seem to find a solid group of freinds to do things with, and then theres the kids that are just plain stupid (wait... you cant say that on the internet) that get into a lot of trouble and are just mean, anyone ever have to have this in high school?

Re: ever feel like you dont belong with your peers?

Originally posted by migitmouse88
    well, trick or treating was fun, i got a huge pillowcase of candy only problem was i didnt have anyone to go with because i dont have that many good freinds from school, i dont feel like i really belong with them but for some reason i still feel a little lonely... basically everybody knows me and knows my name but for some reason after that they go back with theyre smaller sub- groups, i dont get why but i cant seem to find a solid group of freinds to do things with, and then theres the kids that are just plain stupid (wait... you cant say that on the internet) that get into a lot of trouble and are just mean, anyone ever have to have this in high school?
    heh heh....trying going to another country for a year and coming back.

Kids will be kids, and that means they are stupid/immature. You need to go into it with a positive attitude. If you are determined to not like the other kids you probably won't, and your problem won't be solved. I hate to say it, but if you have to....lower your friend standards, or just make due with what you have. it's high school, you'll find many more friends after you graduate....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

yay... encouraging post from tui...

thanks

Comment

yay... encouraging post from tui...

thanks
        I was going through the same thing about a month ago...I just found the kids that er...had interests similar to mine....
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Life is so much BETTER after High School!
          Hang in there, we all feel like outsiders sometimes......I was a lonely only child(!), and it helped me be independent and have a vivid fantasy life-lol!

Comment

I think most people feel this way sometimes. Quality friends are really hard to find. If you make a handful of really good ones in your lifetime, you are truly blessed.

My suggestion is to seek out two or three people who you look up to or admire and invest most of your time in being friends with them and then just be friendly to all the other people you know.

Comment

I second what DisneyDeb said. Just hang in there, some people just don't have a great high school experience. And quite often, it's those people that really blossom in the real world! I promise- it is WAY better after high school. And that is coming from someone who really enjoyed it!!
              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I was the same way in high school. I was in marching band though with my best friend that I've known forever. Some people in high school just seem to be ones that will be popular and have millions of friends, and some only have one or two close friends. I had only a handful of friends (people who I knew well and they knew me well) but we still talk almost every day even after high school. Are you in any clubs or activites at school? Maybe finding a group of people that share the same intertests might help start things off. I can remember high school very fondly...It was always better to talk to the teachers then my peers. If you just sit back, a friend may pop up when you least expect it.
                It's Just me, Jenn.
                "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Really good advice here. I just want to say hang in there.
                  We just moved and my son is going through a similar situation, granted he's only in 6th grade but it's hard at any age. He just doesn't feel like he meshes 100% with anyone to be "friends", but he's trying to be friendly with a number of people. He finds people that have similar interests and goes from there. For example, he likes to play football, so he joins those that play football, but he doesn't do anything with them besides that because from there alot of their interests vary. Just keeping going along and do the things that interest YOU from there you could quite possile see some friendships develop. Good Luck! :ghug:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Have you tried making friends outside of school? Look into doing some volunteer work for a cause or organization you are interested in. If you're old enough, see if your parents will let you get a part-time job. Sometimes exposing yourself to people and situations outside your normal routine can be a great experience itself.

Also, looking back at high school, it seemed like the kids who didn't quite fit in were "different" in ways that really make them succeed in the future. They're often more creative, smarter, more mature, have a different sense of humor, etc. than the rest of their peers. These qualities aren't often valued in high school, but really make a difference in college and beyond.

Hope all the advice helps!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I loved high school and had several groups of friends that I could hang out with. That being said, all those people completely dissapeared from my life as soon as we graduated. I am only close with two people that I knew in High School, and these are girls that I have known since elementary school. For some people, HS is a place for life long friendships, but for most it isn't. I know that doesn't really help much now, but you will make much closer friendships in college and in your life after high school.

When your going through it, it seems like HS is all there is, but when you look back on it, you realize how little you and your friends knew about anything. The advice here is good- if you have one or two close friends, work on cultivating that relationships as they are worth your time. Being surrounded by a bunch of acquaintences who accept you, but barely know you is just as empty as being alone. You will find the people who are meant to be your lifelong friends once you stop worrying about everyone else accepting you.

Good luck! You'll figure it out- I promise that it will get better and in a few years, you will think its silly how upset you got about random people and their opinions of you.
                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                      Help support the site you love:
                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Oh, absolutely. I worried about it for a while, but then I looked at what the regular people were doing and I decided I didn't need that in my life after all. My interests were not theirs.

I found a few friends in HS. One I actually still talk to. Of course I live far away from where I went to school, so I have to make effort to seek out anybody that I want to say Hi.

Twenty years later, I'm still out of touch with most people. It just matters less now. I find people with whom I mesh, and the rest take care of their own lives. I have some friends who I see once in a while, and some who share more interests.

Hang in there.
                        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X