Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smilies are starting to piss me off.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Smilies are starting to piss me off.

I know I'm quite possibly the only one on this board who feels this way, but the new animated smilies are so freakin annoying. For some odd reason I feel as if I have to view the loop of animation for the "bow" smilie at least 4 times per smilie, and the loop of animation for the "lol" smilie at least twice per smilie. This adds considerable length to my MiceChat viewing time, thus subtracting time from my incredibly busy schedule full of many exciting activities.

Then once a page loads, hit Stop. This will stop the animated smilies.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Can't you also disable smilies? I think there's an options setting somewhere.

I, for one, like the smilies.

Comment

If the new smiles bug you, wait till you experience traffic. :lol:
        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by Socapex
          I know I'm quite possibly the only one on this board who feels this way, but the new animated smilies are so freakin annoying. For some odd reason I feel as if I have to view the loop of animation for the "bow" smilie at least 4 times per smilie, and the loop of animation for the "lol" smilie at least twice per smilie. This adds considerable length to my MiceChat viewing time, thus subtracting time from my incredibly busy schedule full of many exciting activities.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
          :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

can you just FEEL the empathy and compassion in this thread? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
              Last edited by Star Speeder; 03-02-2005, 12:15 PM.
              Shocks
              Pegs
              Lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Star Speeder

Originally posted by Socapex
                :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                (Is this better now?? hehe... Sorry for your problems... you can disable smilies in the user CP i think....)

Comment

Could someone explain to me why the smilies (and avatars) are animated when I view them at work, but not at home? I think it may have to do with my security settings (and superior anti-spam/virus/green monster protection at home) ........
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Dang! Ya beat me too it....

oh what the hell... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
                    procrastibating

Comment

I like my smileys better!

sigpic

Comment

you beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
                          Dang! Ya beat me too it....

oh what the hell... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                          :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
                          HA!

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                            Could someone explain to me why the smilies (and avatars) are animated when I view them at work, but not at home? I think it may have to do with my security settings (and superior anti-spam/virus/green monster protection at home) ........
                            If you get them but they don't move you are probably correct. do other site's animated gifs function?

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
                              If you get them but they don't move you are probably correct. do other site's animated gifs function?
                              Not at home ... unless I use my wife's MSN account .... which I'll do in the future .....
                              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X