Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Mac Users, Sell Me A Mac !!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Users, Sell Me A Mac !!

I told mom I would give her my computer, its a gateway and the best computer I have ever owned hands down. Sooooo I am now going to be looking into a new computer this coming February. I hear about your macs not being able to get viruses, but I know absolutly nothing about a mac, or how to use one. Do they have wondows? are they easy to use? Just point and click like my computer? Ok, sell me on a mac, pro's and cons ok thank you so much!!

Re: Mac Users, Sell Me A Mac !!

heh-

It is very true that Macs are far less susceptible to virus and hacking- though it can be done.
    They are WAY easy to use- and working on them is easier. Like if you think you have a problem you can run a simple program and it goes in and fixes things- I could not do that on my Dell- I have no clue how!

I like having both- my mac is at home, and I use it for video editing and burning DVD's- I use my dell for everything else (my laptop)-and to be honest my poor mac has not been turned on in weeks- because the processor is too slow for what I want to do- but until I can spend several thousand dollars to get a new one- I just have to muddle through.

Comment

I have a Mac at work (first generation sunflower iMac) and a Dell at home. I never turn off the Dell because it can take for frikken ever to turn back on. Don't understand the thing at all. It can be super slow, which I hate.

My iMac is the best computer I have ever had the pleasure to work with. In the 3.5 years that I have had it, the only real issues the computer has had was the result of a corrupt printer driver downloaded from the HP website. Even with its older technology, my iMac keeps running strong.

The ease with which I can do work or play on the iMac is amazing. It takes hardly any time nor effort to upload pictures from my camera to my .mac homepage. I have one disk drive. I do have external floppy and zip drives, which gather dust in a desk drawer.

The Macs are simple in their design and execution. There isn't much to think about when you have a Mac. It gently reminds me when I have software updates. The fan motor is quiet. And it looks beautiful.

Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
      I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I used a PC for work and a Mac at home. My PC at work had so many problems with viruses. My Mac, not so much.

Comment

but what about windows, I have never used anything but windows, what kind of software does a mac have? can I do everything on a mac I do on my PC? whats the going rate for a mac, and whats a good one to buy? Are they as fast as a PC in use and programs?

Comment

many windows programs are made for mac, but honestly, the operating system on a mac is much easier to learn than windows. We have a power mac G4 that my husband bought brand new in 1998- any PC bought then would be obsolete by now, but the mac is going strong- it has been effortless to upgrade it.

I would recomend an iMac for you, the hard drive and monitor are one unit- you just plug it in and go- they are also the most economical macs, though I have no idea how much they cost.

Lots of Microsoft cheerleaders will try and tell you how crappy macs are, but honestly, they are great for people who don't know a lot about computers. If there is a mac store in your area, you should check it out, ask questions and see what you think.
            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
            Help support the site you love:
            -Visit the MiceChat store
            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

No macs around here, In fact I have never seen one. I went to cosco's and none there either. I am really going to have to do my home work heh, Tell me, will my internet work with these or does it take a special internet provider ?

Comment

anything you can do on a pc, you can do on a mac- we have both kinds and we share a DSL internet connection.
                Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                Help support the site you love:
                -Visit the MiceChat store
                Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

WOW! SO LIKE A imac5 WOULD BE A GOOD ONE? i AM SO INTERESTED! I think I will go price and see what I can do about getting on from some where close to home. ( I pray!

Comment

Karla where do you live?

Comment

ok, the big question, if I need to down load something or add games, do I have to have something special? I was thinking, what if I want to down load foxfire or a good web browser, can I? and will the web page be just like on a pc? Is it easy to go onto the web? I see it has awsome features for movies, gaming, and camera stuff, but I really weant to search to web and such . thank you for all your answers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                        Karla where do you live?
                        Butte Montana

Comment

You could always do research at the Apple Store online. You can build the computer you want for the price you want. That is how I ordered my Mac.

The CompUSA nearest me has their version of an Apple Store. You could do a Google search for Apple retailers in your area.
                          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                            Butte Montana
                            Bummer- NO Apple stores in your area. That bites.

But do check out the website.

It's easier than a PC- Like I said, I can't do alot of things on my PC that I can on my Mac because I could not even guess how. Some idiot (not me) disabled my task manager- in order to get it back I have to mess with something called registry edit- but if I mess it up I can destroy my whole system- so I have not even tried. On a mac, I would have been able to get it back in moments.

Comment

Huge bad news regarding Mac:
                              They don't have RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, 2 or 3 for Mac!

D'oh!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X