This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us about California

Getting this state thread posted before tomorrow. Tomorrow is a Monday and I have lots to do before I can MiceChat.

California is nicknamed The Golden State. It is the third largest state.
    Population is about 35 million people. Capital is Sacremento. If you are lucky enough to live in this state, you are most likely just hours away from Disneyland.

Tell us about California.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Tell us about California

ummmm....we are the 6th largest producer of goods in the world...at least we were a few years ago....LOL...if you live here it helps to know spanish....traffic is a nightmare all the time down below...(down below= the valley since I live in the high desert and have to drive down the mountain to get anywhere worth going to.)....the weather is pretty good....I've lived here my entire life so I'm sure I take it for granted. we have smog and gang problems. There are some cities I don't even like driving past on the freeways.....the beaches are polluted and on a good day beach diving you're lucky to see 5 feet on front of you.

other than the weather I'm not sure whats so great about it.....there's lots to do I guess....if you don't mind the traffic. One time going to DL my normal 1 1/2 hour drive took 4 hours.

then there's the housing. To buy an average house here the income needed would be $150,000 a year. The apartment I use to have 11 years ago was $575.00 a month now it rents for $900.00.

awe, but the weather is nice...LOL

Comment

Some parts of California are contrary to popular belief... well, cold! Brrr.... I'm freezing my tail off in San Francisco!

California is divided in two by one serious issue:
      Hecka...
      or Hella???

I don't even know what this is all about, but according to those who "know all" in the dorms, if you're so-cal you say hecka, and if you're nor-cal, you say hella. Honestly, I stoped saying either once I hit the 7th grade & established a more mature vocabulary

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
      My MySpace... or...My Facebook
      Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

well hella...

i'm in sacramento, no I haven't seen Aaahnold. I go by the capitol quite a bit though. Lived here whole life so take alot for granted. Don't notice differences, good and bad, until I go to another state. Many annoying things, traffice, housing prices, etc., but it's home.

It's always me

Comment

Originally posted by iluvstitch
          California is divided in two by one serio
          Hecka...
          or Hella???
          I've never heard this before...hmmmm....I used ti talk totally like a valley gorl though. like ...OMG!!!...gag me with a spoon...I'm sooo sure...LOL...but that was only in junior high..

Comment

I'm in a suburb of Sac.

I love the weather here--I adore a hot summer. I'm w/ Cindebella in that I don't notice the differences until I'm away, for instance: smoking laws, or a lack of elsewhere. In Hawaii and in (shudder) Nebraska, that was the thing that stood out the most. Smoking section indeed! What is this, 1977? Beee-zaar.
            I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
            That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cindebella
              well hella...

i'm in sacramento, no I haven't seen Aaahnold. I go by the capitol quite a bit though. Lived here whole life so take alot for granted. Don't notice differences, good and bad, until I go to another state. Many annoying things, traffice, housing prices, etc., but it's home.
              I actually saw him today. He was in the city of Oakdale today for a speech. The most excitement that town has seen with all of the protesters and newscrews. You never know to expect. I like being a couple of hours from the ocean and a couple of hours from the mountains. You don't get that in many states.
              sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
              A Photographed Life
              12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGal
                I like being a couple of hours from the ocean and a couple of hours from the mountains. You don't get that in many states.
                Good point DG... since its a large state there are a lot of changes in the environs... I'm in the desert but in just a couple of hours I could be sitting on the beach or in less than an hour I could be sitting under a pine tree. If I go down to Palm Springs in the summer it can be 120 degrees, yet just last November we had over a foot of snow here.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

It's awesome!
                  That about covers it :P
                  I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                  Gas For Car- $60
                  Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

While other states have tornados and hurricanes we pulled in Earthquakes. A small town about 1/2 down or up the state depending on where your coming from called Parkview is the earthquake capital of the world .

Comment

While other states have tornados and hurricanes we pulled in Earthquakes. A small town about 1/2 down or up the state depending on where your coming from called Parkview is the earthquake capital of the world .

Comment

The town is actually called Parkfield, not Parkview. And its WAAAAYYY overdue for its regularly scheduled earthquake.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I love living in California because from my city (beautiful wine country Temecula) I am one hour from: Disneyland, the beach, the mountians, San Diego, the desert. I love being centrally located!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

freakin' insane drivers, man.
                            But the beach!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

State Flower- Golden Poppy (Eschscholtzia)

I have never been to CA- One day I WILL get there to visit DLR!!! :beg:

My name is Kalli but I was not named after the state!
                              ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X