Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Begins: Halloween Approaches (in August)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Begins: Halloween Approaches (in August)

Here at casa de RegionsBeyond, the mist is already starting to roll out, the nights grow darker, and eerie noises can be heard when it is quiet. The summer heat may still be with us, but soon enough, spirits and the uneasy dead will rise once more to haunt the ghost town of Porcupine Gulch.

Preparations and planning are underway, to ensure all haunted souls and resident ghouls are well provided for, and that mortal guests will come away entertained and frightened to a suitable degree. As you can see here, testing has begun to ensure a properly haunted look to our environs, and a few stores are already peddling their ghastly wares for sale if you know where to look:

So what say you, fellow MiceChat boils and ghouls? Let's get into the spirit of things, though the moon won't be right for a few months yet....Halloween can be extended a bit, after all...post your spooky tidbits, plans, ideas, or odds and ends here and I shall do the same as work progresses!

Happy haunting, and pleasant screams...

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: It Begins: Halloween Approaches (in August)

I just love your decorations. I went shopping the other day, and found myself in the Halloween section of the store. This isn't normally odd for me...since I love anything with skulls or bats. But, the odd thing was.....I wasnt the only one looking (and buying) Halloween stuff! I commented on it, and she replied that she loves Halloween and buys stuff all year long...her family really "goes all out for it". That made me smile.

I LOVE decorating for Halloween. It's a chance to be silly...and a bit creepy.

We'll be doing our windows again...although it was very time consuming...they really turned out too good not to do it again...

My dream is to make replicas of all the HM tombstones and make a mini graveyard in our front yard. Since I will be quitting my job soon, I should have some extra free time to hopefully get those made.

Comment

That's awesome, Stitchy, I love the windows! Very nice work on them and a lot of character to it. I have a few of the HM tombstones they sold in the park that light up, myself.

And yes, the diehards do come out for the early Halloween arrivals..I should know, since I am there too heh Post here as you get new finds for this year, I'd love to see what you get up to!

Comment

wow nice. this is it. the fall season is upon us.

Comment

I hope to make it there this year!!
          sigpic

Comment

WOW! Stitchy!!!!! Those windows look fantastic! I've never thought of doing something like that! Did you customer make those for your window?!?!?!??!

If so, give us the details on how you managed that!!!!!!
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Yup, already saw some Halloween stuff in a local store. Excellent! In a few weeks I'll be watching Ghostbusters, The Monster Squad, Hocus Pocus, and the new Wolfman.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                WOW! Stitchy!!!!! Those windows look fantastic! I've never thought of doing something like that! Did you customer make those for your window?!?!?!??!

If so, give us the details on how you managed that!!!!!!
                actually, I saw the idea in a Disney family magazine...and we went right to work.

All you do is get large cardboard boxes, cut the desired shape out, and use a glue stick to glue orange tissue paper over the cut outs. Then, tape them into your windows. I used white tissue paper for the ghost, of course.

We loved the result...and got alot of great comments. The giant scary face was our bedroom window. And at night, when the street light would shine through, you'd have this giant face watching you sleep. LOL

Comment

Hooray, stores starting to stock items now!

Got a bunch of strobe lights ($2.50) from Target, as can't have too many of those, and about 6 small headstones to fill out the graveyard from the dollar store. Got eye on bigger items as well, the Spirit stores will be opening soon enough...

Lighting testing last night:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X