• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil evil Christmas displays in the name of Free Speech

Display Shows Bleeding Rudolph Hanging From Tree

and

Homeowner Hangs Bound, Blindfolded Santa From Tree

What the HECK is wrong with these people?

Re: Evil evil Christmas displays in the name of Free Speech

That's just wrong. I feel bad for the little kids who see that.

Comment

"Knott's Scary Holiday"?

Meh. Those are secularized items. Perhaps the people making those displays are actually fundamentalists making a statement about the over-commercialization of Christmas.
      (After reading the links) Maybe not.

Comment

The neighbors who called the police must be the same ones who call 911 because Disneyland is too crowded.

Comment

That's just... wow. I don't even know what to say, really. I do feel bad for the little kids who see it.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
          Mark Twain

Comment

Redneck humor. I'm sure it sounded funnier at 3am when everybody's drunk.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

OMG- the picture alone.......:blink:

link

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                OMG- the picture alone.......:blink:

link
                Eh with the blending of Halloween and Christmas into the "Holiday Season" seems fine.

Also, if you want to explore other cultures "Santa" sometimes visits children to meet out punishments. My mom was terrified of Nicholaus, who would carry a switch to beat bad children as he did the Black Forrest Germany. But the "Christ Child" would visit on the 24th to deliver presents.

Comment

"The 7th Avenue Boys for a Merry Christmas," a Brooklyn-based group, stole the doll head Wednesday night, which Joel Krupnik and his family had set up in front of their Manhattan home as part of their bloody "Bad Santa" display...........Krupnik called the display a protest of the commercialization of Christmas.

OMG! That is so disrespectful! Stealing someone's Christmas display is completely disrespectful!

Comment

idk...they are fictional characters anyway and nothing to do with what some say the real reason is ...so who cares. I never really understood the point ogf lying to children anyway, but I know I'm just different. I could see people getting upset if they hung a baby jesus or virgin mary from a tree, but fictional characters??

Comment

We have sick and psychotic people all over this country. I think it's up to his neighboors to let him know how they feel about these sick displays. Sure it's free speech, but I think their neighboors are free to have

"Jim-Bob is a twisted perverted old fart"

bumper stickers throughout their town. (Along with his phone number so people can thank him in person at all hours of the night.)

Comment

Meh. Personally, if they wanted to make a "statement" they could have been a little bit more creative. Heck, anyone can throw out a bloody doll head and call it gore.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan
                          We have sick and psychotic people all over this country. I think it's up to his neighboors to let him know how they feel about these sick displays. Sure it's free speech, but I think their neighboors are free to have

"Jim-Bob is a twisted perverted old fart"

bumper stickers throughout their town. (Along with his phone number so people can thank him in person at all hours of the night.)
                          I agree with you - at least in intent up to the phone number part. The best way to fight free speech, is with free speech.

Also - There may be a right to free speech, but there's no right to make people listen.

Comment

There's having rights, and then there's abusing them. Sure, they CAN have that particular display - but SHOULD they?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                              idk...they are fictional characters anyway and nothing to do with what some say the real reason is ...so who cares. I never really understood the point ogf lying to children anyway, but I know I'm just different. I could see people getting upset if they hung a baby jesus or virgin mary from a tree, but fictional characters??
                              okay...but as a young child..wouldn't it freak you out to see a disembodied, bloodied or mauled up mickey mouse or winnie the pooh?? :-)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X