Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Una Paloma Blanca...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Una Paloma Blanca...

this was my mom's favorite song...she had the album & used to play it over and over... she's been gone now for 17 years...& this year my dad, now 82 said he would love to have it for christmas. I have no idea who sang it. I thought it was Freddy Fender ( okay...u can stop laughing now! :-) ) but i'm not sure...can anyone find out for me who sing this this song & if there is a web place where i can hear it to be sure?
    I would sooo appreciat it from the bottom of my heart.

Re: Una Paloma Blanca...

am i seriously the only person who was subjected to this song as a child? ;-)

Comment

I totally remember this song!! Unfortunately I don't remember who sang it. Have you googled it? I think there are some song lyric websites, you might be able to find it there. Now, it will be stuck in my head. I don't think it was Freddie Fender though. Good luck.

It's always me

Comment

o.k., here are the lyrics....

International Lyrics Playground
        function ChangeFontSize(id, size) { document.getElementById(id).style.fontSize = size + "px";}
        A
        A A Close Window / Print This Page

Page printed from:
        http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/so...mablanca.shtml UNA PALOMA BLANCAGeorge Baker Selection (The Netherlands)
        When the sun shines on the mountain
        And the night is on the run
        It's a new dayIt's a new way
        And I fly up to the sun
        I can feel the morning sunlight
        I can smell the new-mown hay
        I can hear God's voice is calling
        For my golden sky light way
        Una paloma blanca
        I'm just a bird in the sky
        Una paloma blanca
        Over the mountains I fly
        No one can take my freedom away
        Once I had my share of losing
        for they locked me on a chain
        Yes they tried to break my power
        oh I still can feel the pain
        Una paloma blanca
        Una paloma blanca
        Over the mountains I fly
        Una paloma blanca
        Una paloma blanca
        Over the mountains I fly

It's always me

Comment

that's it? i couldn't remember if it was in english or not!
          anyone know who sang it?

Comment

ignore that...i just needed to read further! thankx sooo much!

Comment

After reading the title of this thread, I now have that tune in my head!

Comment

The singer was Slim Whitman. It should be available. He put out a lot of "collection" CDs.
                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Omg, I remember a Slim Whitman album commercial with him singing that song. :blink:
                  I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                  That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                  sigpic

Comment

lol! sorry to have sent the song bug to you guys! now you know how i feel w/ my dad talking about this song all the time... and i HAVE to find it...because he doesn't even sing it right! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by pixywingz
                      lol! sorry to have sent the song bug to you guys! now you know how i feel w/ my dad talking about this song all the time... and i HAVE to find it...because he doesn't even sing it right! lol!
                      ok, I am a big nerd here but I remember a woman singing it. I loved that song and sang it my self! yep I love it and I do hope you find it and send me the song to!! I think the last time I heard it was a womans group singing please let me know I am very curious!!! I got to have it to!!

Comment

i haven't stopped laughing since i started this post!
                        it is a good song i have to admit..but it does haunt you.. over and over and over.. i don't remember a female.. hmm...i will 'keep you posted' :-)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X