My Aquarium

Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee
  • penguinsoda
    Jester of Randomness
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Jan 2005

Re: My Aquarium

Nice setup! Thats a wicked snail!! I can never keep real plants alive in my tank...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• Linus
      • Mar 2012

Thanks. The Snails are actually pretty new to the hobby. I've had some success in breeding them as 1 or 2 babies can be seen in the video. They're called Rabbit Snails.

Comment

• swampymarsh
        Under that tree again!
        • Nov 2011

Can those snails pull their massive shells up the vertical tank walls?
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• RedHandedJill
          Shifting cargo
          • Mar 2009

My, what a nice aquarium you have! How long have you had it set up? I have a 20 gallon that I've had for nearly 5 years. I cannot remember the name of them, but I also have a few of the fish with the red and black. Would I be correct in assuming that you have a few semi-aggressive fish and some community? Oh and a word to the wise about snails, they are hermaphrodites so they can breed with themselves. I started off with two snails whom I named Marc and Alice (Davis) and combined, I have nearly 100 baby snails in a matter of about a week.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

• Linus
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
            Can those snails pull their massive shells up the vertical tank walls?
            The big ones,"Rabbit Snails" do not need to, they have gills. They do climb the glass now and then though, but they never make it to the top!

Originally posted by RedHandedJill View Post
            My, what a nice aquarium you have! How long have you had it set up? I have a 20 gallon that I've had for nearly 5 years. I cannot remember the name of them, but I also have a few of the fish with the red and black. Would I be correct in assuming that you have a few semi-aggressive fish and some community? Oh and a word to the wise about snails, they are hermaphrodites so they can breed with themselves. I started off with two snails whom I named Marc and Alice (Davis) and combined, I have nearly 100 baby snails in a matter of about a week.
            Set up since July 2011. The red and black ones are Rasbora. The only semi-aggressive fish is the Siamese Algae Eater.

The small snails all over the Gravel are hermaphrodites yes, the large ones are not. They are Rabbit Snails. They breed about once a month and give birth to ONE baby each time. A very very strange invert!

Comment

• Druggas
              Hooterville, USA
              • Feb 2005

Fish are a great hobby! I've had it all and had 9 tanks set up at one time until my wife brought me back to reality.

It is starting to price itself out of young people's budgets though.
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• CMHusband
                Nerd
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                Fish are a great hobby! I've had it all and had 9 tanks set up at one time until my wife brought me back to reality.

9 tanks? Thats like one swimming pool. Yikes - well at least they don't bark. We have 3 dogs and frankly, I'm a little sick of it.
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

• Linus
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                  I'm only 19, so I know what you mean. I've been working for Universal for 4 years now, so I've had the money available to spend.

New VID!

I was testing my new Macro lens for my Droid 3. To give you a sense of size, the little snails are about the size of an "0" on this site.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X