This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Advice Needed - Traveling Soon With A Cat With Fleas

I will make this explanation as brief as possible.

My grandson's mom, Kathy, is in Florida settling the affairs of her mother who recently passed away unexpectedly. Her mom has a cat and 2 birds in her trailer park home. My grandson, Sean, returned home last night, and during the conversation he informed us that the cat has fleas.

Kathy wants to bring this cat, and the two birds home back to Chicago. Kathy will be driving back to Chicago most likely at the end of this week, with her niece.

What would you do, to/and for this cat before traveling back to Chicago. Sean says the flea problem is pretty bad.

In addition, Sean has 2 cats of his own here in Chicago.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Cat Advice Needed - Traveling Soon With A Cat With Fleas

The first thing Kathy should do before even thinking about bringing it home is to give it a flea treatment. If she doesn't get the flea problem fixed quick, all of the other cats will soon have them. My daughter's cats where she lives gets fleas once in a while, and it can get pretty expensive treating them because you have to spray the entire house.... carpet, sofa.... anywhere that they can lay eggs because if you don't kill even the eggs.... it will just be a vicious circle of constant fleas. Even if she treats the cat before bringing it back to Chicago, I would keep it quarantined for a week or more to make sure the fleas were gone before introducing it around the other cats.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Wash that cat with flea soap, then put a drop of Advantage on it.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

The cat is all settled in. Sure hope she is watching for any sign of fleas. I hate to imagine a three cat home with fleas.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X