This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Says Gay Marriage Ban Is Unconstitutional

"For a single judge to rule there is no conceivable purpose for preserving marriage as one man and one woman is mind-boggling," said Liberty Counsel President Mathew Staver. "This decision will be gasoline on the fire of the pro-marriage movement in California as well as the rest of the country."
    I just find it ironic that the president of the "Liberty Counsel" is fighting against *gasp* Liberty.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

Oh Sparky where are yooou?

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy
        Oh Sparky where are yooou?

Ohhhh that ring is gorgeous!! Only fitting, since both are you are so damn good looking :love:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I wonder which 'finger' he'll wear it on

Comment

Marry my cat. Get him out of the house. But I'm not paying benefits for the both of you.
            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Minion
              I wonder which 'finger' he'll wear it on
              You brat, you ARE evil, I just spit water all over the place :bow:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Hmm, Gavin Newsom is single now... Mayors' wives are called First Ladies, right? Right?! Yesss!

Comment

Now if I only had someone to marry! Waaaaaaaa!
                  (no politicians please)
                  sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                  Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Finally someone saw fit to stand up to the political pressure. I'm just proud that it's good ol' California!

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005, 08:32 PM.

Comment

This is good for now, who knows when (if?) California will ever officially give out those pieces of paper people are fighting over (Yes I realize there's more). I never really understood the point of view that the state, and in some cases federal *cough*Bush*cough* law, should up-hold religious law, maybe that's just me though. If were up to me on one would get married through the state, you want to get married go to a church.
                        "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                        You set the bar I could not live up to
                        Tonight the light is breaking through
                        So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                        Zebrahead

Comment

im gay
                          im getting married
                          end of story

and I dont care who tells me no LOL I really dont care, that doesnt mean I can't do it. My church doesnt believe it to be wrong so how can bush speak for the church if mine allows it. *cocks an eyebrow*
                          Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey :ap:

Comment

You know, the anti-gay groups talk about "keeping American values and traditions." I've always thought that American values were: doing well, standing up and be willing to fight for what you believe is right and when your civil liberties are being attacked, and be proud of who you are. Well, the question that comes to mind is, "How is this unAmerican for the American homosexual?" :confused:

I usually only watch this issue from the sidelines for the simple fact that I'm not in a relationship which warrants a desire to get married. Hell I'm not in a relationship at all (but that's for another thread).

I do know that regardless, I wouldn't want to get married until I knew it was recognized. To me, marriage is the community's public recognition of what 2 people have already privately pledged to each other.
                            Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by DemonicDemona
                              im gay
                              im getting married
                              end of story

and I dont care who tells me no LOL I really dont care, that doesnt mean I can't do it. My church doesnt believe it to be wrong so how can bush speak for the church if mine allows it. *cocks an eyebrow*
                              I am scared.............

(you look at the avatar and imagine that person say everything)
                              Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

I was thinking about this issue while watching 'The Incredibles' last night and a quote struck me as funny in the movie. It's in my sig, but in a couple of days it'll be gone, so I'll post it here:

Violet: Mom and Dad's lives could be in jeopardy. Or worse, their marriage!
                                Dash: Their marriage?
                                Violet nods.
                                Dash: [in disbelief] Soooo the bad guys are trying to wreck Mom and Dad's marriage?!

I thought it was very, very interesting.

Comment

It's really funny because I've heard both sides of the argument MANY times. I grew up in a conservative Christian household and went to a conservative Christian school and university. However, I myself have always been extremely liberal in my beliefs.

I personally think that gay marriage should have been made legal (by law) several years ago. That's my two cents. I'm glad that a judge in San Francisco had enough balls to stand up for something he believes in. Like Orcatime said, isn't that what America is supposed to be about?

Comment

I have to tell you all thanks for uplifting my day!
                                    It does my heart good to hear such good thoughts from good people.
                                    I am a proud parent of a lesbian who is very concerned for her and her wife's future here in CA. I have had to hold my tongue, and my temper in check, when I am out with my daughter and her wife in public. It is very hard to witness hate and bigotry against your child especially when it is unfair and unjust.
                                    My daughter has no wish to interfere with the meaning of any persons marriage. She just wants her own rights as an American to be the same for all people.
                                    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X