This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensed Taxis vs. Lyft, Uber and Sidecar apps

What do you think, should private citizens be allowed to exchange rides in private vehicles for a suggested 'donation'?

What happens in the event of a dispute, or worse... an accident?

Is it the new thing, thinking modern, using barter and trade again instead of paying corporations?

Is it worth the savings over paying for a licensed taxi? Would you do it? Have you already tried it?

Los Angeles taxi drivers will protest 'high-tech bandit cab' apps - latimes.com

Re: Licensed Taxis vs. Lyft, Uber and Sidecar apps

Los Angeles moves to shut down car-for-hire operations - LA Daily News

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
      What do you think, should private citizens be allowed to exchange rides in private vehicles for a suggested 'donation'?
      There is a big difference between private citizens exchanging rides in private vehicles for a suggested donation (I'll drive you to the store for gas money because you are my neighbor) and what these companies are doing. When strangers offer strangers transportation with the expectation of a monetary reward it is a taxi/bus/hired car situation and local laws should be followed.

What happens in the event of a dispute, or worse... an accident?
      ^ This is why these services need to be registered as "cars for hire" whether as taxis or some other classification.
      sigpic
      “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
      but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
      ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

So you're coming down on the side of "the man"?

Comment

On this one? Yes.

Excuse me while I go cry softly in a corner at the death of my inner rebel...
          sigpic
          “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
          but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
          ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

On the one hand, I wouldn't mind trying this service. On the other, I wouldn't recommend it to my little sister...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X