This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods, I have a question

Ok what's up with all the editing (***) I keep seeing this everywhere from 3 specific letters but they are in the middle of legitamate words that have absolutly nothing to do with the 3 letters.

so why are they being censored out? :confused:

I'm just curiouse, it seems rather random?

If this is addressed somewhere else, please forgive me, I could not find it anywhere
    procrastibating

There are certain words that, contain in other, legitamate words, will be edited out. *****cat may be one (I actually don't know what's on the list), but the list is constantly being tweaked so appropriate words are censored.

Comment

thanks for the response Not Afraid,

I understand what the 3 letters mean on there own (and then perhaps should be edited) but If I type the name of a certain vegitable for example it would be edited?

well, whatever, you mods do a great job keeping these boards nice and friendly and we really appreciate it...so whatever ya have to do to keep it that way...(I still think that's a bit random though but c'est la vie)
      procrastibating

Comment

We'll be tweaking it little by little throughout the week.

Somehow we overlooked activating the filter when we went live 2 months ago.

Oops!

Comment

Overlooking the word filter is easy....

Fixing it is hard....
          I know the system has buggs..... I use it on FTN... (that is when i can get access to it....)

Comment

You can set things up in so many ways in the filter that it's hard not to overlook some of the outcomes that can be pretty silly.

We're newish still. We'll get there. Meanwhile, laugh with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

well, whatever, you mods do a great job keeping these boards nice and friendly and we really appreciate it...so whatever ya have to do to keep it that way...
              worth repeating....Thanks for all the hard work you all do here... :bow:
              IMHO this is the friendliest board I have found.

and yes I'm laughing with you, that's why I had to ask....
              procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                You can set things up in so many ways in the filter that it's hard not to overlook some of the outcomes that can be pretty silly.

We're newish still. We'll get there. Meanwhile, laugh with us.
                I think iknow what happened now when I tried to use the word "do***ents" a couple of days ago ... a slang term for something to do with reproduction was targeted with asterisks ....... call this a teast to see if it was fixed ....

Speaking of vegitables, remember that shiitake mushrooms has two "i's" ...I think ....
                "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Nope, the filter is still on hyperdrive ..........
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Just wanted to let you know, that you guys do a GREAT job...thanks for making this my favorite (and the only one I'm active on presently) chat board. Any gliches you run into, all the members can handle I'm sure. Keep up the good work.
                    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Yay for the mods! I have to concur that this is by far the friendliest board I've been on. I've been on another board that, while not quite as friendly, certainly cracks down on grammatical mistakes. That's pretty fun too.
                      I definitely like the mood you are helping to create on the boards... Keep up the excellent work!

Comment

usually we make the four letter words blocked.....

Of course sucking up you you wont help now wont it??

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda

Speaking of vegitables, remember that shiitake mushrooms has two "i's" ...I think ....
                          the veggi I was thinking of was cu***ber ,
                          I hadn't even thought of that one :devil:

but now I keep trying to avoid words that will get astrix's (sp)

(self edited, why make someone else do it when I'm just goofing off )
                          procrastibating

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X