Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

song of the south on ebay

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• song of the south on ebay

I was just checking out ebay, and there seems to be video's and DVD's of song of the south being auctioned. What do you guys think of this? Would you be tempted to buy one?

Orlando doing good
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
    Princess of Randomness

Re: song of the south on ebay

Don't, they're really bad transfers. The picture quality is atrocious and the sound is worse. I'll post a screenshot later so you can see for yourself.

Also, the tapes are usually not playable with American VHS players. They only work in Europe (PAL format I think).

Comment

If you haven't see the film and find a playable inexpensive copy, buy it. It's better than not seeing this film at all.

Comment

Or just get the laserdisc. That's the best official release so far.
        -Tim

Comment

I'm fairly sure it will be officially released sometime soon, heck if you want, you can see my crappy copy...

Comment

Actually it was released on DVD in Japan and in the UK. There is a website that sells them. I got mine from there and its got ok quality. The next time I get a e-mail from them I'll post it, I can't remember the place now.
            Growing older is manditory
            Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie
              Actually it was released on DVD in Japan and in the UK. There is a website that sells them. I got mine from there and its got ok quality. The next time I get a e-mail from them I'll post it, I can't remember the place now.
              Remember that DVD's from other countries don't play on American DVD players.

Comment

There's a very good chance those are bootlegs, too...

Some very good bootlegs come out of Hong Kong.
                -Tim

Comment

Unless you have all all-region DVD (picked one up for about $100 and never looked back!).

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                    Remember that DVD's from other countries don't play on American DVD players.
                    Actually the one I got is from the UK, and it plays just fine on my PS2 and on my DVD player.
                    Growing older is manditory
                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Actually the one I got is from the UK, and it plays just fine on my PS2 and on my DVD player.
                      Which is odd since they go by the PAL standard...

Sounds very much like a bootleg to me. Bootlegs tend to be Region 0 and NTSC.
                      -Tim

Comment

You should be able to watch PAL DVDs on your DVD-ROM drive as well, these drives don't have regions.

Comment

Originally posted by gimpboy76
                          You should be able to watch PAL DVDs on your DVD-ROM drive as well, these drives don't have regions.
                          Software does have region locks on them... which means, some players will let you change, others won't.
                          -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                            I'm fairly sure it will be officially released sometime soon, heck if you want, you can see my crappy copy...
                            Do you have this on good info, Soul, honestly? After all of their efforts to bury their relationship with this film, is "PC" Disney going to put this on their racks next to Cinderella?
                            With all due respect to people of all races and creeds, am I the only one thinking that Disney, from the late 80's til now, had become so politically correct that it really affected that quality of filmed product such as "Hunchback" and "Pocohantas" among others?
                            I'm sure that this has been debated on other threads, but their treatment of a good film like Song of the South has been shameful to this point. The film couldn't have been all that bad...some of the songs on the soundtrack remain Disney "classics".
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                              Do you have this on good info, Soul, honestly? After all of their efforts to bury their relationship with this film, is "PC" Disney going to put this on their racks next to Cinderella?
                              With all due respect to people of all races and creeds, am I the only one thinking that Disney, from the late 80's til now, had become so politically correct that it really affected that quality of filmed product such as "Hunchback" and "Pocohantas" among others?
                              I'm sure that this has been debated on other threads, but their treatment of a good film like Song of the South has been shameful to this point. The film couldn't have been all that bad...some of the songs on the soundtrack remain Disney "classics".
                              Here is what I think. Disney got our demands about releasing the film but will not release the original in fear of NAACP boycotting them again. So what do they do? releas a less controversial sequal that will probably have clips from the original.

They have realesed so many different clips of Song of the south on all these Disney films that if you put them together eventually you will have the whole movie.

DVD's that have Song of the South clips:

Disney Treasures: Disneyland USA (The episode Walt made 1 year before Disneyland opened. (Features segment of Brer Rabbit taking Brer Bear & Brer Fox to his laughing place)

Sing Along Songs: Zip-a-de-do-dah

Alice in Wonderland (The Masterpiece Edition) (2 Disc DVD): On one of the discs a segment from SOTS is featured on the Alice Christmas special (It is the segment where Brer Rabbit decides to leave his home and on his journey, he runs into trouble with Brer Bear & Brer Fox)

Anyway the length of the clips usually run in-between 10 to 20 minutes longs are they are nice to watch if you have never seen the film. The clips are long enough to give you a taste of what the film was like.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X