This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Pin trading

With the Torino games currently underway, I thought I'd start an Olympic pin thread. Here's a good source for Torino pins:
    http://torinocollection.com/

Re: Olympic Pin trading

http://cgi.ebay.com/NBC-Camera-Pin-T...QQcmdZViewItem

I LOVE this one from NBC....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
      That is a cool pin.

Comment

Here's some close-ups of my 2010 pins:

Here are two pins from my Team Canada set. The Niedermayer and Jovanovski pins should be good collectors as these two guys didn't make it to the Olympics due to injuries sustained in the NHL:

There's also a special Team Canada commemerative pin:

Comment

Oooh, I'd like a Team Canada hockey one, because we are so gonna win gold again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by splashmountainfreak
            Oooh, I'd like a Team Canada hockey one, because we are so gonna win gold again this year.
            splashmountainfreak,

If you live in Calgary, look thru some back issues of the Calgary Herald for the coupons for the pins. The pins are being sold at Esso, 7-Eleven, Mac's, Safeway, Save-On-Foods, and elsewhere. The last pin issued was this past Thursday so there may still be pins out there.

Comment

I have a bunch of Olympic pins. I have the set that looks like a coke bottle from the Sydney games, a few sets from the 84 games in LA, a Disneyland set from the 88 summer games, and 2 that are rare. One is a pin from the 36 Olympiad in Berlin. It has the nazi eagle with the swastika over the olympic rings. Talk about history. The other one is a team member pin I got from a guy I met in Disneyland right after the games were over. He apparently had lost his event and when I mentioned that I was collecting pins, he gave me his. I'll post a pix of it soon.
              Growing older is manditory
              Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie
                a Disneyland set from the 88 summer games,
                OogieBoogie,

Were these the 1988 Olympic Team Salute pins that featured Disney characters in different Olympic sports? I've got about five from this set. I remeber they were giving them for free at the main entrance to Disneyland. How many were in the complete set?

I remember being there for the Olympic Team Salute. They had the event at the railway station. I got some photos somewhere I shoud dig out and post.
                Last edited by Barbossa; 02-12-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Oh, geez. The pin trading. I lived in Salt Lake during the 2002 Olympics. We have a green jell-o pin to this day.
                  "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                  --"Being Alive"
                  Company Stephen
                  Sondheim

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa
                    splashmountainfreak,

If you live in Calgary, look thru some back issues of the Calgary Herald for the coupons for the pins. The pins are being sold at Esso, 7-Eleven, Mac's, Safeway, Save-On-Foods, and elsewhere. The last pin issued was this past Thursday so there may still be pins out there.
                    Thanks a lot, I'll go get some definitely.

Comment

As wacky as this is, I am NOT into pin trading. I buy pins for me and me only, I dont wanna go out and trade for others, ya know? I do enjoy seeing all the pins everyone wears when at an Olympics though, its fun, but I just have never gotten into the whole trading thing.

Comment

I added three more pins to my collection.

Here's one that has 2006 on it and the Canadian Olympic Committee's logo. No mention of Torino on ti so I'm assuming it's just the COC pin.

This one is probably my favourite of all the pins so far, a gold maple leaf with the Vancouver 2010 logo:

And one with a Canadian Flag Bobsled on it:

Comment

Such A Tease!!!!

Comment

I'm kind of getting carried away with these but the thing is these "1st wave" pins may not be around in 2010. There was an article that said there's going to be around 2000 pins for the 2010 games. This will include all the venue pins, mascot pins, sponsor pins, sports pins, media pins, and general 2010 logo pins.

I would like to know what the number is of Torino pins out there.

Comment

It was just a matter of time before someone turned the VANOC pins into an ebay business:
                              http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...cs2010whistler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X