X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ha what on earth?

i was looking at this urban legends site and one of the things said

"The Legend: If the submarine lagoon is ever drained, the Matterhorn will fall over.
    Behind the Legend: Now what kind of sense would that make? Could you imagine an engineer allowing such a situation to exist? The fact of the matter is, if the lagoon is drained the Matterhorn sinks a couple of feet and that's it."

thats kinda funny cuz they did drain the submarine ride and i dont think it sunk at all
    Jen

Re: ha what on earth?

The lagoon is drained and the Matterhorn hasn't moved. Think about it. Water isn't going to hold anything up.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I think the soil compresses. On something the size of the Matterhorn, you won't notice a sinking of "a couple of inches".
      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

so true....but that legend is based purley on the "Keep the subs how they are" thing

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X