This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this rate, I'm going to know the entire Panther team

So Derek is at the grocery store and he passes by this guy wearing a USC trojan t-shirt, and Derek thinks, ok what are the odds. Only my fiancee would wear a Soutrhern Cal Shirt in NC. He goes out to his car and parked next to him is a top of the line BMW with a Trojans license plate holder and a Trojans Vanity plate (They do not require you to have a front license plate in NC). Being the schmooze that he is, he waits...seriously...like a stalker for who he thinks is Keary Colbert of the Carolina Panthers.

When the guy comes out the following (in Derek's words) ensues:

I casually ask, "Hey, did you go to SC?" and he lights up and says "Yeah, man. Did you go?" I said "No, but my fiancee is from the LA area, and she's a HUGE Trojans fan," and Katie on the speakerphone yells "Fight on!" (the big USC rallying cry), and he laughs.

Then I said "You're not Keary Colbert, are you?"

"Yeah, I am!"

"Dude!!! Glad to meet you. You guys did a great job this year"
    "Thanks, man."

A little bit of small talk, and he said hi to Katie (I asked her to hum the USC fight song, but she wouldn't). As luck would have it, I had my camera in the car, so I asked him if he'd mind if I took his picture. He said "Nope. Go ahead"

As he was leaving he said "Bye Katie" YEA BABY!!!!!!
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Re: At this rate, I'm going to know the entire Panther team

Wow, lucky.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X