Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Dark History of Bed & Breakfasts???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark History of Bed & Breakfasts???

Is it just me, or do many Bed & Breakfasts seem to have dark grizzly pasts?

I mean I have heard about many murder stories that took place in buildings before those buildings became Bed & Breakfasts. Why does it seem that buildings with grizzly pasts get turned into Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the building?

Plus I watch all these "Ghost shows" on Sci-Fi & Travel Channel and all they do is tell stories of Haunted Inns & Bed & Breakfasts that have grizzly pasts where people were murdered in the buildings.

I mean take places such as the Myrtle Plantation, the Lizzy Borden house, etc for example. They are all places that have had many murders in them and are now Bed & Breakfasts.

But I am curious as to how many Bed & Breakfasts now reside in buildings where murders were committed compared to Bed & Breakfasts that are brand new. Any one know?

Re: Dark History of Bed &amp; Breakfasts???

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
    Is it just me, or do many Bed & Breakfasts seem to have dark grizzly pasts?

I mean I have heard about many murder stories that took place in buildings before those buildings became Bed & Breakfasts. Why does it seem that buildings with grizzly pasts get turned into Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the building?

Plus I watch all these "Ghost shows" on Sci-Fi & Travel Channel and all they do is tell stories of Haunted Inns & Bed & Breakfasts that have grizzly pasts where people were murdered in the buildings.

I mean take places such as the Myrtle Plantation, the Lizzy Borden house, etc for example. They are all places that have had many murders in them and are now Bed & Breakfasts.

But I am curious as to how many Bed & Breakfasts now reside in buildings where murders were committed compared to Bed & Breakfasts that are brand new. Any one know?
    yeah, i have a book on haunted places, and their a few B&B's that are haunted

Orlando doing good
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
    Princess of Randomness

Comment

But why is it that many places where people got murdered get turned into things like Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the property even though it would be cheaper than usual?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
        But why is it that many places where people got murdered get turned into things like Bed & Breakfasts? Is it because no one else would buy the property even though it would be cheaper than usual?
        who knows. I think since these things happen a long time ago, and the houses were so nice, that they put them in historical heritage squares, and turned them into B&B's. The one's i've seen are in heritage squares, like in San Diego.

Orlando doing good
        http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
        Princess of Randomness

Comment

....Or maybe the murders drove down the value of the house, because no one would buy "murder houses", and many business men & women see this as a way to buy a very beautiful building for cheap so that they can make a profit.

Comment

I know the local B&B is rumored to be haunted. Used to be a church as well.

Why do they turn them into B&Bs? I guess because 1- they're old, 2- only the pretty historical stuff gets preserved, and 3- what else ya gonna do with an old, pretty building? It's either a museum or a B&B.

Grisly past and all.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

pretty old buildings get moved into here....except the old sanitarium....but it is owned!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X