X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    It's always a good idea to try to get a name so you can put a personal greeting on your cover letter instead of "Dear WDI."

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Well sweetie, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I really and sincerely hope you get this job. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    I ~might~ be getting a name. <crosses fingers>

At this point it almost feels like the stars are aligning and trying to create a shimmering roadway to the moon...I need to make sure I do not become too excited. Having dreams crushed hurts! That is the try of thing which made me the bitter individual I today.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    My advice- bug them a lot, hand delivering a resume is good. Call HR and find out who will be looking at the resumes (if you can) and try and address the resume to him/her or even try to meet with them if you can. Anything you can do to make your name/ face stick out to them will help.

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    I was also thinking of delivering a copy of my resume and cover letter to WDI personally. I wonder if it would help.

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied
    One of the best pieces of advice I received when it comes to resumes is to send the resume & cover letter in a manila envelope. Makes your package stand out over others. This could be total hooey, but I know that it has worked.

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPigletFan
    Why didn't you say that the first time around!! Sheesh! Good luck girl!

I will apply for it, after I get my resume and cover letter reorganized a bit. It is a good thing that I am meeting with my career councellor tomorrow.

All I can do is the best I can do.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    All I know, if it is your dream, go for it! Do not let this opportunity pass you by or you will regret it forever! Convince them that you are the best person for the job and that no one else could do it better than you!

Go for it, I know you can go it A job with the mouse is worth everything you have to go through to get it, trust me

If I know anyone at WDI, I would help you out- All my contacts are at Buena Vista Pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerbelle
    replied
    Good luck, I hope you get it.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwyren
    Disney just posted a WDI, R&D job for Mechanical Engineers to work on new animatronics.

That would be a DREAM!
    Uhm...does anyone know someone in WDI who could provide some influence?
    Why didn't you say that the first time around!! Sheesh! Good luck girl!

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied
    Disney just posted a WDI, R&D job for Mechanical Engineers to work on new animatronics.

That would be a DREAM!
    Ask around the school of engineering. Look at the bios of the faculty to see f someone has worked with Disney. Find a way to make your application unique.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Just apply for it!

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied

That would be a DREAM!

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied
    >.>
    <.<

Uhm...I think I have found an amazing job...now I just have to, somehow, get it.
    Awesome! Best of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TinkPink
    I suggest, in the future, NOT eating little candies that say "Eat Me" on them. Strange things happen...
    lol. I agree. More explanation, please? So we can be more excited for you and maybe even help?

Leave a comment:

• TinkPink
    replied
    I suggest, in the future, NOT eating little candies that say "Eat Me" on them. Strange things happen...

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    >.>
    <.<

Uhm...I think I have found an amazing job...now I just have to, somehow, get it.

Leave a comment:

• 100th Dalmation
    replied
    Would you care to elaborate on this a bit.... :confused:

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    replied
    Things just get curiouser and curiouser.....

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    I am glad I am not the only one confused.............

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X