This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strangest photo of Herbie I have ever seen

Hi all, new member here. I came across this photo yesterday and, apart from being hilarious in its own right, it just seems like a really, really bizaare representation of Herbie (and by all appearances this was some kind of official Disney park event) Anyone have any clue what this might have been?

It comes from a German Volkswagen Site, and the photo bears the tagline (translated):

"VOLKSWAGEN 1302 as Herbie in Disneyland"

I mean, I for one don't remember Herbie having eyes or teeth in the movies (that one dream sequence notwithstanding... ) And why make it so obviously threatening? Any insight appreciated, thanks...

wow! I honestly have no clue. Then again I am younger so that is why I am simply a minion. Thanks for sharing the photo though and welcome to the most addicting boards, MiceChat.

Comment

Hehehe I love it!

Anyone see the trailer for the new one??? Herbie looks sooo cute!
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
        Hehehe I love it!

Yeah, I first saw a rough cut of it at the shareholder's meeting and got to see the whole thing just recently. Not bad. Personally I think Lindsey Lohan is very attractive and will help this movie sell. I loved her in Confessions. Her facial animation reminded me of her in Parent Trap. I dare you, watch them both close together and you will agree. It's her style and it works I guess.

Any word on the picture yet?

Comment

I totally remember that Herbie! He used to appear in some of DL's parades in the late 70's/early 80's. He always cracked me up.

Thanks for the photo! It brings back great memories.
          [email protected]

Comment

I saw Herbie on the freeway a couple weeks ago. It wasn't the really Herbie but some guy decided to make his car look like the Herbie in the movies. It had the "53" on the side and back with a stripe down the middle.

Comment

Ha, that's awesome!
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Christine!

Comment

it says it's in Disneyland, but that doesn't look like any part of Disneyland I recognize. Where is it really?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_Disney
                    it says it's in Disneyland, but that doesn't look like any part of Disneyland I recognize. Where is it really?
                    That was a part of a parade from the late 70's or early 80's (I can't remember which one though). It's great - the eyes move from side to side, and the mouth actually "chomps".
                    [email protected]

Comment

i understand it was in a parade, but unless i'm getting a different picture than everyone else, it looks like they are in the middle of a field, not the middle of Disneyland. caption says that they are in Disneyland, so I want to know if I'm on crack for not recognizing it, or if the captionist is on crack for mislabeling the picture, or if anasgnos is on crack for mistranslating the caption.

Comment

Let's see...that would have been about 1970 - wasn't Disneyland surrounded by strawberry fields back then? (Not literally!) There was still a lot of open space when we were first there in the mid 80's.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

My God, that's not fun or cute, that's scary as hell! :botox:

Comment

The Herbie in the photo was also in a dream sequence when Alonzo Hawk was counting sheep in one of the Herbie Films.
                            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

This is very similar to Herbie's appearance in the Disney On Parade show from around 71-72 ish. I have some old 8mm film of Herbie chasing/ teasing Goofy around the "floor" and in once brief scene, Herbie would backfire into Goofy's butt making The Goof jump. How original?

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                                Hehehe I love it!

The new Herbie movie looks totally stupid !! Its an insult to the original one !!
                                Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                                http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

That IS SCARY!
                                  Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                                  "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

The photo of Goofy and Herbie above appears to be taken on a frontage road in front of a large lake, which would put the location squarely at WDW.

But they used the same (or similar) car in a parade at Disneyland in the 1970's. Part of the show routine was that Herbie would sneak up on and "Eat" Goofy or another character and a minute later they'd open the door and emerge from the car, dust themselves off, and get ready for the next repeat of the show loop.

The windows were all blacked out, and the operator's position inside the car was shielded from view with a black scrim when the car door was opened. He was probably sitting in the back seat or passenger seat area.

The "backfire belching flame" gag was done earlier when Goofy had a jalopy car as a float/prop. I don't recall the Herbie float doing it, but it /was/ a long time ago.

--<< Bruce >>--
                                    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I rember years ago when Herbie ws in one of the parades, they had it riged when the hood poped, a toung poped out. (maybe it was at the studios)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X