This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Marathon '07 Thread

Okay, so when I decided to make some life goals at the beginning of this year (fancy term for New Year's Resolutions ), one was to get my butt off the couch and start running again. I've been running off and on since then, but haven't been able to stick with it. Fast forward a couple of months and I soon learn that WDW has a marathon every year... I know that I could definitely stick with running again if I was working towards a marathon/trip to WDW.

I know that there's other runners out there (you know who you are ) and I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me in my quest to complete the WDW Marathon in '07 (because really, I know '06 is not attainable... I'm not an idiot!). The marathon is usually the first part of January, so it would be January '07. The official website is Official WDW Marathon Website If you're not interested in running a full marathon, you can also do a half marathon or a 5k fun run the same weekend (it's a weekend event).

First we'll figure out who is wanting to actually participate in the event - then we'll figure out where to go from there (Oh the possibilities!). I'm thinking that this thread would be for posting our progress, training ideas... so, if you're interested (or even want to come to cheer us on) - post away!
    Last edited by MegarooFifi; 04-03-2005, 07:33 PM. Reason: To add the website link

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
    Okay, so when I decided to make some life goals at the beginning of this year (fancy term for New Year's Resolutions ), one was to get my butt off the couch and start running again. I've been running off and on since then, but haven't been able to stick with it. Fast forward a couple of months and I soon learn that WDW has a marathon every year... I know that I could definitely stick with running again if I was working towards a marathon/trip to WDW.

I know that there's other runners out there (you know who you are ) and I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me in my quest to complete the WDW Marathon in '07 (because really, I know '06 is not attainable... I'm not an idiot!). The marathon is usually the first part of January, so it would be January '07. The official website is Official WDW Marathon Website If you're not interested in running a full marathon, you can also do a half marathon or a 5k fun run the same weekend (it's a weekend event).

First we'll figure out who is wanting to actually participate in the event - then we'll figure out where to go from there (Oh the possibilities!). I'm thinking that this thread would be for posting our progress, training ideas... so, if you're interested (or even want to come to cheer us on) - post away!
    Am I really doing this? My legs are still sore from running a 5k yesterday and I am going to multiple that pain an misery by almost 10x times? Wow I must be nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      Am I really doing this? My legs are still sore from running a 5k yesterday and I am going to multiple that pain an misery by almost 10x times? Wow I must be nuts.
      Well, I certainly hope you decide to do this! I promise it's going to be fun... Of course you're going to be sore, but imagine the pick up lines you can use afterwards.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X